Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: bishop creek camping info

Default bishop creek camping info

Hey everyone,
    A couple of friends and I are gonna head up late next week for one last trip before we all head off back to school. I have never tent camped any of the sites along the bishop creek, and have a few questions. Where do I go to make the reservations, and how much is it a night? also, what are some good camp sites along the north or south fork of bishop creek? Thanks in advance!

1) Recreation.gov for reservations.
    2) Four Jeffrey is a nice campground
    3) Around $21 a night

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Fo...abIndex=Search

Some other nice tent sites with no reservations if you drive up and check them out.
    Last edited by FadedOne; 08-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.

I was there from Wed-Fri last week..we camped at the PVR campgrounds outside of Bishop for $10 a night...We broke camp during the day because it was HOT and went up to Bishop Creek, North Lake and Intake II. We saw several campsites that were $21 a day but they FULL...This was DURING THE WEEK

MM

Quote Originally Posted by mr. trout View Post
    Hey everyone,
    A couple of friends and I are gonna head up late next week for one last trip before we all head off back to school. I have never tent camped any of the sites along the bishop creek, and have a few questions. Where do I go to make the reservations, and how much is it a night? also, what are some good camp sites along the north or south fork of bishop creek? Thanks in advance!
    There are several state campground , someone already gave you that web address. Creeksive RV park has a couple tent site and they are $25 a day. $20-25 to tent camp seems way to pricey. But if you stay at creekside, you have the convenience of a store at Creekside and a restaraunat at Bishop Creek Lodge. Both sell beer and BCL has a bar. I have watched several Lakers playoff games at BCL bar.
    Last edited by Joshua; 08-09-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: type o