Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian Poachers @ Jackson Lake!

Default Asian Poachers @ Jackson Lake!

This past sunday i headed up to jackson lake to get some trout fishing in. upon arriving the ranger showed up as well . next to me were 3 asian men with carp poles landing rainbow trout left & right. So the ranger got around to asking them for their licenses and none of them had them. while the ranger walked back to her car to get her clipboard the guys quickly scrambled to dump some of their fish in plastic bags and try & "hide" them. they must of atleast stuffed 20+ decent sized rainbow trout in a plastic bag. they had soo many fish they even started randomly throwing fish into the weeds by the water.

the ranger came back and started to go through their car. well she found another plastic bag full of fish!. atleast another 20 good size trout. I and fellow anglers watched in disbelief as the ranger counted out all the fish. she counted approx 45+ fish. i bet that fine was hefty for the 3 guys. I would always wonder why the fish would get fished out a week or so after stocking. I might of found the answer, i have never been so happy to see someone get a ticket from the ranger but i had no remorse for these men. . anyways the trout action is still looking good with the best bites in the evening on PB.

i believe it but i dont believe those fools can catch 45+ in a few hours

Good. Reckless poachers like that need a good licking from time to time. Thank you for sharing.

Poachers are everywhere, they will never stop poaching until they learn in the hard way. WTG for busting their asses up. Apparently the rangers and sheriffs gotta show up more often.

lol thats not even the whole story. after she gave each of them a ticket she left in her suv. the poachers still had 1 lunch pail hidden in the weeds by the water so 1 guy went in the bushes to retrieve the lunch pail full of fish while the other 2 waited in the car . the ranger must have been looking in her rear view mirror when she immediately stopped driving and made a quick U-turn. the 2 guys in the car quickly took off leaving their friend running behind the car with a lunchPail of fish. the ranger chased the guys in the car a little bit down the road were they eventually stopped and must have possibly gotten another citation for the extra fish . it was quite entertaining and they deserved it to say the least.

Poachers suck.. and i'm glad they got caught.. but what does being asian have to do with any of it? I think just saying 3 guys or 3 poachers would have got the point across.

I'm Asian and I dont mind. We dont always have to be so sensitive about race. I've learned this forum cant really handle that though haha

Glad these guys got busted. Love hearing these kind of stories!

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    Poachers suck.. and i'm glad they got caught.. but what does being asian have to do with any of it? I think just saying 3 guys or 3 poachers would have got the point across.
    It's common knowledge that some of the worst poachers in the world are asians...

No doubt they were trying to sell these trout to an asian fish market for cheap..

It must have been the weekly bucket brigade crew meeting....

Jackson is a magnet for "sportsmen" of all races who practice catch and keep and more catch. It's near enough for me to pop over in the float tube and try my still water nymphing techniques and in a one hour session, I'll see folks hauling in a lot more fish than five (right after a stocking) When you consider the number of people who fish here and the small amount of trout that are stocked now a days...doesn't take long for what little fish are planted to be depleted. Two days after stocking...mostly just people sitting around waiting for something to bite their powerbait

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast