Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windos 7 on a macbook!!!

Default windos 7 on a macbook!!!

well i was wondering if any1 on here is a computer wise and might be able to install windows on my mac. If so how much would you charge me, but plz be sure to know what ur doing as i can look on youtube and follow videos but most of the time that doesn't work so plz have some experience thanx

can any1 help me out???

Do you want to run it natively or virtual?

Personally I like running it on a virtual machine.. so i can have both run at the same time.. just my opinion. Let me know and I can help you out.
    btw.. you'll need to make sure you have a valid license key for Windows 7 as well.

don't bother with windows 7 go ahead and setup 8. Just use boot camp and download the FREE version of 8 and do a dual boot on your laptop.

You also don't need to "pay" anyone as it's pretty easy to do yourself, jut follow this guide. http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4589...ows-8-on-a-mac

I personally don't do anything with macs, but one of the tech guys that work for me loves them so I usually just throw all the mac / ipad setup request his way. I think he's done 2 setups on 8 and hasn't had any problems with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    don't bother with windows 7 go ahead and setup 8. Just use boot camp and download the FREE version of 8 and do a dual boot on your laptop.

You also don't need to "pay" anyone as it's pretty easy to do yourself, jut follow this guide. http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4589...ows-8-on-a-mac

I personally don't do anything with macs, but one of the tech guys that work for me loves them so I usually just throw all the mac / ipad setup request his way. I think he's done 2 setups on 8 and hasn't had any problems with either one.
    thanx for the link but after reading the pplz coments every1 seems to be having problems with it. Do u think ur tech does outside work maybe?? just incase im located in riverside

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    Do you want to run it natively or virtual?

Personally I like running it on a virtual machine.. so i can have both run at the same time.. just my opinion. Let me know and I can help you out.
    btw.. you'll need to make sure you have a valid license key for Windows 7 as well.
    well im kind of looking to have it were u have 2 different programs so u can load either or but i dont have windows 7 so i was thinking maybe "downloading it"

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan951 View Post
    well im kind of looking to have it were u have 2 different programs so u can load either or but i dont have windows 7 so i was thinking maybe "downloading it"
    "Downloading" it?

Did you use to "borrow" money from your mom's wallet?

At any rate, Boot Camp will work for most individuals, but I'd like to mention Parallels, which allows you to run both OS's side-by-side without the need to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    "Downloading" it?

Did you use to "borrow" money from your mom's wallet?

At any rate, Boot Camp will work for most individuals, but I'd like to mention Parallels, which allows you to run both OS's side-by-side without the need to reboot.
    PLZ I UNDERSTAND that its not the right way to do it but if i had the CASH i wouldnt be going this route! but since i don't well i have to figure out other ways to do it and im not the only one. BUT plz lets not get in to a pissing match here of whats right and wrong! We all do what we want and if u can help me great if not i understand also . so lets stay on topic and thanx for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    but I'd like to mention Parallels, which allows you to run both OS's side-by-side without the need to reboot.
    That's a BINGO...or should I just say BINGO!

I looked at the comments and yeah I can see how it could be difficult if your not familiar with setting up partitions, know what a MBR is and don't have access to things like drivers. Although in theory it would be about a 30 min setup for a techie. How much are you willing to pay? I can ask my guy if he's willing to help out, but if you can't afford to buy a copy of windows 7 I don't think you would be able to afford to pay him to set you up. I know because I do pay him a good amount of money just so you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast