Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: sand bass here one day gone the next?????!!!! skunk festival in the oc...

Default sand bass here one day gone the next?????!!!! skunk festival in the oc...

348/280s were the counts outta newport landing mid week.. but damn few caught on wknd not even toads more like barely legals !!!!! loaded boats due to twilight specials.. 3+hrs driving barely 1.5hr lines of actual fishing time saw prob 10fish for 50guys on nautilus gotta wonder if these were actual counts or %$%$ mark ups....u know the deal hmhhhmmmmmmmmm

Yea I know its weird how the bass are here 1 or 2 days. It seemed that the bite happened early this year because I went in the begining of June and caught limits of bass and barracuda. Im going out on a 3/4 day on Sunday ill let you know how it is.

Dude! listen to me! Go in September when all the damm kids are back in school and mamma and pappa are broke!

50 guys?? u got lucky i went on a sunday and holly **** we had at least 75 a bunch of idiots crossing every1s lines no respect for others..

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    Dude! listen to me! Go in September when all the damm kids are back in school and mamma and pappa are broke!
    Good advice. I already posted a report about my twilight trip. There were 47 on the boat, but by about 8:00 it was down to 30 or so fishing with the rest being tired kids and seasick people of all ages. I'm guessing 5 or 6 of the people were deadheading friends of the crew.

Hi BALLERONBUDGET,

Don't know if the Groupon thing is the real reason for the service isssues but don't think so. South Coast boats seem to have always packed on as many as possible from many years back. Don't believe me ... I've got archives from 10 years ago !!

JapanRon