Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 28 july

Default 28 july

Well its been a month since I did dvl which was at night for stripers and ended up just lmb fishing the last hour for a few. Saturday I was set with fresh sardines and 6 th in line. Launched and hit the buoy line for nothing. Went to another area for nothing. Hit the eucalyptus for nothing, atennuater nothing but did see 2 guys get 2 nice cats. Decided to get the skunk off with some lmb and really had to work for them. Then tried buoy in afternoon for nothing.

Something to share that hopefully is useful to someone; at the quarry when you look straight in, I was on the right wall half way. Ledge went from 15 ft to 100 ft drop, metered fish from 30 to 50 ft like crazy. Suspended and chilling which I drop shotted some lmb.

3 pm hits and we decided to hit skinner for striper at inlet which was a bust because water security drove his truck and told us that we need to bout of casting distance of buoy line or he will call ranger and tell them we were poaching......what a load of crap but hey guess he hates his job. Told staff when we left and they said water guy was wrong but hey what can you do. Next time I'll call the ranger for him. Hit up lmb with jerk baits for 1.

Water temp: 76-78
    Line 6lb flouro
    Rig drop shot
    Plastic- shad shaped senko
    Color pumpkin with red flake

Sorry not a lot of info, rough day but I still haunt skunked at dvl since 2006, knocking on wood streak goes on. Water was really creepylooking, teal greenish sort.....didn't know what to think. Hope the quarry tip helps

Good luck

Ben

Hey that was a lot of info, thanks for posting!