Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Striper King Classic 2

I'm a marine with the wounded warrior battalion down at camp Pendleton. I would like to participate in this event but won't know until the time gets a little closer. Not sure how many wounded warrior participants you guys have or still need but if you guys need help let me know. I can try and spread the word or email me a flyer I can print off and take it to work.

Default Monster Striper Caught Tuesday, September 4th

One of the locals that happens to make striper lures, caught this huge 16.00 lb striper this past Tuesday, September 4th. Kenny Baldwin caught it on one of his own lures (one of his creations, sorry we can't divulge his lure). Kenny stated, "there are some quality fish to be had right now on bigger baits fished a lot shallower than most people believe". Also, Kenny noted, "that fish had a twin follow it all the way back to the boat, trying to steal the bait from the hooked fish, so I know there are more around. I just hope it is still in the neighborhood on the 22nd!". He hadn't been fishing DVL since May and wanted to test the waters. Kenny certainly "passed" this test on Tuesday.

"Normally, I don't report most of my catches, but it was a ghost town out there on Tuesday. I guess if they are not boiling or eating sardines, people think fishing is bad. Not the case, you just have to know how to catch them and be persistent", emphatically stated Kenny.

Kenny has disclosed that he has purchased his tickets for the Striper King Classic 2 on September 22nd. With the tournament coming up so soon, he said, "I can't give up all the info!".

Last edited by striperkingclassic; 09-06-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Default It's Not "The Lady & the Tramp", it's "The Lady & the Monster"

While on a guide trip today, September 5th, Yvonne Southerland of Hemet, caught this monster 22lb. gorgeous striper. The Diamond Valley Lake super-striper local guide quipped, "Cloudy and rainy today, it was really good". Yvonne is the wife of Mike Southerland, who recently caught a gigantic striper himself. "She caught it right under Mike's nose, wow was she happy!" said the elated guide.

Yvonne didn't disclose the lure/bait that was used, or the location. But when asked, she said, "we caught it with Mike's lure in Mike's spot". Try to figure that one out. Yvonne had the hot stick, as she nailed 6 more stripers on Wednesday. She is entered in this year's Striper King Classic 2 tournament. Watch out guys, you've got some serious competition..........

Yvonne proudly displays her 22lb trophy striper. Congratulations on landing this monster!

Default The Countdown Clock: Striper King Classic 2 in 16 Days!

This is just a reminder that the Striper King Classic 2 is in 16 days. I know that everyone's busy these days, but wanted to update you on a few things.

Tickets available at:
    Bass Pro Shops- Rancho Cucamonga 909.922.5500
    Bluewater Tackle- Temecula 951.296.9999
    Last Chance B&T- Hemet 951.658.7410
    Diamond Valley Lake Marina- 951.926.7201

Tickets available at Bass Pro Shops and Diamond Valley Lake Marina until Friday close of business (September 21st).
    All other ticket outlets will end ticket sales on Friday at 12:00pm.

Last edited by striperkingclassic; 09-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Default More Stripers Showing on the Troll

On a recent pre-fishing for a guide trip, this gentleman found the schools of stripers and big one's mixed in! Had a huge hit on the troll, definitely in the DD range. Angler caught 4 stripers, all in the 4-7lb classl. Location and choice of lures were undisclosed, as Striper King Classic 2 is only 16 days away. All fish were caught on the troll.

Here's the 7.7lb striper. Definitely looks like a DD...............

Almost 28" in length.............

Livewell shot. Looks much bigger than 7.7lbs, what do you think?..................

Default The Countdown Clock: Striper King Classic 2 in 14 days!

Last minute checklist:

1. Got tickets?
    2. Call your fishing partner?
    3. Rent boat or prep your boat?
    4. Fishing tackle stocked and ready?
    5. Tell your wife and buy her something nice.........

Great tournament.
    Great Prizes.
    Great People.
    Great (and cheap) Guide Auction.
    Great lake.
    Great Fishing.
    Great Raffle & Prizes.
    Great food.

In my best Mr T voice ~ "I pity the fool that doesnt show up" .... lol

Bring the Family & your friends....
    And Have a "Great" Day...

Less then 2 weeks away!!!!

The Bids on the Guide auction is picking up....
    Better get those bids in.....

Default News Update: "Smallest" Striper Contest Just Added

You've seen a bunch of monster stripers posted. And, it can be a little intimidating to see what the angler's are catching. One of our committee members suggested, "How about a contest for the smallest striper caught?". After thinking about it, the committee said that would be a fun idea.

The committee has just added another winner's category: The "Smallest" Striper Contest! Angler's must follow California Dept. of Fish & Game rules and regulations. You must catch the fish with a hook, no netting. We've put together a great prize package for the winner, with the prize value at over $200.00. Everybody can win. What's your excuse now?

Last edited by striperkingclassic; 09-10-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Default The Countdown Clock: Striper King Classic 2 in 12 Days!

This is just a reminder that the Striper King Classic 2 is in 12 days. Here's the ticket update:

Tickets available at:
    Bass Pro Shops- Rancho Cucamonga 909.922.5500
    Bluewater Tackle- Temecula 951.296.9999
    Last Chance B&T- Hemet 951.658.7410
    Diamond Valley Lake Marina- 951.926.7201

Tickets available at Bass Pro Shops and Diamond Valley Lake Marina until Friday close of business (September 21st).
    All other ticket outlets will end ticket sales on Friday at 12:00pm.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast