Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Striper King Classic 2

Default Striper King Classic 2

Should be another cool event for a worthy cause, look forward to participating and actually bringing something to the scale this year. Beware of the man in the portaboat aka the G LIM, he has brought in some DD's....

Default Welcome to the Striper King Classic 2 at Diamond Valley Lake!

The Striper King Classic 2 is set for September 22, 2012. Everyone's welcome to participate in this striper tournament that will benefit Valley-Wide Recreation & Parks District of San Jacinto/Hemet. Tickets are available at $39.00 Adults/$9.00 Kids under 12. Kindly see SKC2 flyer for ticket outlets. Prizes are for the biggest single fish caught, with prize packages ranging from $1000.00 for 1st Place to $200.00 for 5th Place. Tournament starts at 6:00am-2:00pm, with weigh-in ending at 2:30pm.

This year we'll feature complimentary boat test-rides, exhibition booths with show discount specials and will end with the "Super Raffle" with thousands of dollars worth of great fishing related prizes. We'll again feature the charity "Live Guide" auction. The slight difference is this year, the auction will be held on our Striper King Classic Facebook page.

There will be several updates/notices for interested anglers coming in the next few weeks. The first notice is the Striper King Classic 2 "Pre-Tournament" Seminar that will be held on August 25th in Temecula. One of Diamond Valley Lake's top guides will be headlining, along with the latest striper fishing techniques. Details for this seminar will be on our Striper King Classic Facebook page.

The Striper King Classic 2 is open for all angler's: first timer's or if you consider yourself pro. Shoreline or boat angler's are welcomed. This is not a club type event, it's open for the entire fishing community. Our goal is to raise as much money as we can for Valley-Wide Recreation and Parks District. We hope to see everyone come out for a great day of striper fishing and fun events for the entire family.
    Last edited by striperkingclassic; 07-30-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Think your dates are mixed up Barry, tourney is 22nd and pre seminar is the 25?

Thanks Chris! The SKC2 "Pre-Tournament" Seminar will be on Saturday, August 25th in Temecula. This should be another great seminar with the latest striper fishing techniques. Check out our Facebook page for details. Thanks again Chris for catching all of my mistakes!

Default Wounded Warrior Captains Needed

We will be taking some Wounded Warriors out fishing during the Striper King Classic 2. Ben0606 has volunteered to pick up the tab for the cost of a couple of pontoons. We need (2) Captains for each pontoon that has extreme striper fishing knowledge and equipment. If you believe you can assist in the Captains position, please PM me to discuss details. As Captain, you will be responsible for your boat's Wounded Warriors and instructing them how to catch a few stripers. You will have an assistant on each pontoon boat to assist.

We are excited again this year to be associated with the Wounded Warrior program. They did their service, let's do ours! Thanks.

Barry

Default Wounded Warrior Captain Found

Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucagmonga has sourced a Captain for one of our Wounded Warriors pontoon boat. I'm pleased to announce that Mr. Danny Moraga, a former Cal Dept of Fish & Game Lieutenant, will be the Captain for WW#1. We're still looking for another qualified Captain and Assistant Captain. If you want to volunteer your service for the Wounded Warriors, please PM me.

Thanks Danny for volunteering your services.
    Barry

Great stuff, what do you say people we are still looking for some volunteers and another captain to help put some fine warriors on some stripers. There are Marines aching to see what the striper bite is all about. Let's show some of our "Few and the Proud" some of DVL's hospitality.........

Ben

Barry and Ben, I may have 2 or 3 more boats interested in taking a few of our "Hero's out I will try to confirm this by Wednesday but I am in the "Lord" willing

Default Prize Packages for "Big Fish"

I made a few errors on the Striper King Classic 2 flyer under the "Prizes for Big Fish" category. Here are the proper prize packages for all categories:

1st Place- $1000.00 prize package: $500.00 cash, Full-day Guide trip and $100.00 BPS Gift Certificate
    2nd Place- $750.00 prize package: $350.00 cash, Full-day Guide trip and $50.00 Gift Certificate (Corrected from $500.00 prize package)
    3rd Place- $400.00 prize package: $300.00 cash, $100.00 fishing products (Corrected from $400.00 cash)
    4th Place- $300.00 prize package: $200.00 cash, $100.00 Gift Certificate (Corrected from $300.00 cash)
    5th Place- $200.00 prize package: $100.00 cash, $100.00 clothing product

My apologies for the errors. Hope this has not inconvenienced anyone. Best of luck to all anglers!
    Barry

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast