Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons availability

The fact that something has not been rebuked doesn't make it true. There are many things so lowly regarded that they are ignored. Again, does it sound reasonable to you to require anyone to spend inordinate amounts of time to debunk peripheral issues that aren't germane to the conversation. Lastly, I never suggested changing the Constitution even one iota.

Here is my sign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	383968_219277401478735_127583850648091_534841_1230338392_n.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	36386

Quote Originally Posted by heydaad View Post
    In my opinion, which really means nothing in the scheme of things, the issue is not gun ownership. The issue is the amount of violence and mayhem that so many young people are exposed to from a very young age. The killing in video games, the mayhem in special effects laden movies, has desensitized many to the point they don't realize what is, is not reality. I learned to shoot at 5 years old and was made aware of how careful and responsible you have to be with a weapon. Too many young people see weapons as "toys" and not weapons of destruction. Our culture has reduced violence to make believe and entertainment. And yes I am armed, and yes I would defend myself if need be. I just think our culture is more the problem than the guns.
    Absolutely!! But watch out, what you described is a progressive liberal caused decadent society. And all those entities you just listed are major funding sources for their cause...

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    There was a graphic posted on Facebook that said, "65 million gun owners did not commit a massacre today". I live in an isolated area and my neighbors are all retired cops, firefighters and all are veterans. Typical response time for any public agency is a long time. There is a small but prominent sign on the dirt road in. "Security provided by Mr. Smith & Wesson, Mr. Colt and Mr Ruger".
    Sounds like a neighborhood I would like to reside in. I would love to add Mr. Winchester and Mr. Remington to that sign...

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    The fact that something has not been rebuked doesn't make it true. There are many things so lowly regarded that they are ignored. Again, does it sound reasonable to you to require anyone to spend inordinate amounts of time to debunk peripheral issues that aren't germane to the conversation. Lastly, I never suggested changing the Constitution even one iota.
    Sir (Madame?) your posts are mostly largely inflammatory and your responses often condescending and abrasive. To verbally throw up your hands as if in defense, stating that you never suggested an action so obviously the extension of your original argument suggests you are toying with your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Sir (Madame?) your posts are mostly largely inflammatory and your responses often condescending and abrasive. To verbally throw up your hands as if in defense, stating that you never suggested an action so obviously the extension of your original argument suggests you are toying with your audience.
    Exactly, this person did it with the "Obama care passes" post as well. But once the heat got turned up, the person all but disappeared from the debate. Kinda funny how those that attempted to defend him/her and the Obama care disaster, are absent from this discussion...

Well he raised the bar and showed his true colors with this quote of his:

"Well, one thing is for certain. One can always count on bringing out the fanatics on this kind of issue. I never suggested taking guns away or changing any amendments to the Constitution. Never the less, the fanatics came out thinking and saying I did. This reminds me of the book titled Whats The Matter With Iowa. The Republicans are masters at getting people to vote against their own interests. Then those same people revel in doing so, so blinded as they are to what's really happening. Their was a reason that the President referred to the line god, guns, and gays during the 2008 campaign. The right is blinded in their focus on irrelevant issues while the real issues are ignored. Just saying... "

So in painting all of those who disagree with him with one stroke of the brush. I am going to take the liberty and free speech right and do my own profile.

The OP is an unemployed liberal arts major living in his or her parents basement living off of the Government teat while waiting for the next OWS ralley. Thats where my money is. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Well he raised the bar and showed his true colors with this quote of his:

"Well, one thing is for certain. One can always count on bringing out the fanatics on this kind of issue. I never suggested taking guns away or changing any amendments to the Constitution. Never the less, the fanatics came out thinking and saying I did. This reminds me of the book titled Whats The Matter With Iowa. The Republicans are masters at getting people to vote against their own interests. Then those same people revel in doing so, so blinded as they are to what's really happening. Their was a reason that the President referred to the line god, guns, and gays during the 2008 campaign. The right is blinded in their focus on irrelevant issues while the real issues are ignored. Just saying... "

So in painting all of those who disagree with him with one stroke of the brush. I am going to take the liberty and free speech right and do my own profile.

The OP is an unemployed liberal arts major living in his or her parents basement living off of the Government teat while waiting for the next OWS ralley. Thats where my money is. lol.
    That's exactly why I ask this poster to define Right Wingers. To him/her, and said persons far left ideology, it's anybody who disagrees with them.

"The OP is an unemployed liberal arts major living in his or her parents basement living off of the Government teat while waiting for the next OWS ralley. Thats where my money is. lol."

Lol, mine too...

I believe that this lunatic would have killed just as many people if he used "California Compliant weapons". He had a lot of people in a confined space. This person had no prior mental or criminal history and in a free society such as ours I think that such isolated incidents are unfortunately going to happen. We simply can't deny a person's second amendment rights because we think he might be crazy, though I would like to. Maybe this would have had a different outcome if a police officer or other licensed person armed and trained in the use would have been in that theater.

Perceptive....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast