Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Event Recap - Lots of Photos & Great Memories! 4th Annual Hunting Giants Surf Event.

HG4 was such an amazing event. I attended the HG3 event last year for my first FNN event and it was fantastic. I didn't think it could get any better, but this year's event totally blew me away.
    Thank you Arthur and the SWAT crew for putting on this event. Thank you to all the sponsors for supporting the event. It gives the surf fishing community something to look forward to every year.
    I can't wait to see what HG5 have in store.

Arthur and the Entire SWAT crew,

My family and I had a really great time on the sand last weekend. It was a great event, and I'm glad that we were able to be a part of it. Thank you, thank you, for all of the hard work and organizing - it definitely showed and payed off. It was easy to recognize that, bigger than the event, with all of its food, prizes, and sponsors, was the camaraderie amongst the people who share the same passion. I, of course, never knew Dana, but I'd assume that, that's exactly what he was all about. Everyone there seemed to carry on that spirit. Everyone there was IN TO IT! Into sharing knowledge, telling stretched-truth stories, and charging the surf - looking for the next prize. I look forward to seeing more of the brotherhood out in the sand and rocks and surf, doing what we love to do.

With Gratitude,
    Nate and Fam

Thank you everyone for coming to our event it was a pleasure meeting you guys at the event I look forward to seeing you guys on the water. It was also a blast hanging out with all of my SWAT brothers and thank you all for all of the great food, fish stories, and laughs.

Thank you commander Wingnut and the rest of the SWAT crew for the incredible experience. I don't know how you guys could have topped last year's event, but you did it! Thank you for the sponsors, I scored a killer reel from the raffle.
    Already looking forward to HG5.

Sokha

VIDEO > > > OK, thanks for your patience, but a fishing tournament without video just doesn't bring the event home. I was -so- impressed by everyone who participated and made the HTG-4 event possible. But let's face it, a tournament is all about fishing, so here's a video I shot and edited to bring the event home! Click on the youtube link to view!

http://youtu.be/HjbYlL4Y4us

Here's the video description: Here's a video of our annual Hunting The Giants fishing tournament October 20th, 2012 at Leo Carrillo Beach, north of Malibu California. This year it was bigger than ever with over 175 anglers participating along with a support crew of about 20+ of The SWAT team who helped with the event. A big thanks goes out to "Wingnut" (Arthur) for making this a successful event, along with many other key helpers including "Bones" who did a lot of the logistics to make this happen. The focus of this annual event is to positively promote fishing to southern California anglers of all ages. This tournament was a catch and release event. I would like to personally thank each of those who helped as leaders as well as each of the participants. A huge thank you goes out to the SWAT team for your day of service to the community and this event. Again, thank you "Wingnut" (Arthur) for all you did to make this possible. "Perchin' Dave" (Dave Sommers)

I still cant believe how awesome this event was. I will never miss another Hunting Giants event ever. Ive already said this in some other post but the generocity of Arthur, the SWAT crew and every other members there was nothing short of amazing. It makes me happy to see that there are a good number of people out there that care about making sure that even a stranger that they have never meet has a good time. So many times you see people that are only interested in themselves and making sure that they are happy. The fact that with 150 plus anglers and each one of them being on the honor system for scoring their cards, I never felt like there was even a chance that someone would cheat or be dishonest. Events like this make me proud to be part of this group of people weather strangers or long time friends. Thanks again to ALL that contributed to HG4 and cant wait for next years. I hope that I can be some one who is able to contribute as much as everyone else did this year.

Red face HG4 Closing Statement.

Wow, where do I start…? Hunting Giants 4 is one for the books, that’s for sure.

I’m sure that we can all agree, the event was a big success.

So many people to thank and I spent the past few days making call and sending emails to relay my gratitude to those who supported this gathering.

Many years ago, Dana (Fisherman 57) had a vision of turning strangers into friends by uniting them through fishing. His simple philosophy of “Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing” was embraced by fishermen of all ages and from all walks of life. Sharing their knowledge and fishing experience with each other in the name of conservation and passing their passion onto the younger generation.

The Hunting Giants event and many others, mostly in freshwater platform, were planned as a vehicle in which to bring people together for that purpose. I remember when Dana and I put together the first HG event a few years ago. We had about 30 participants that showed up. What we lack in numbers was compensated for with the abundant of enthusiasm of those who did join us for that first event. By the time the second HG event rolled around, we doubled the attendance and Dana and I knew that this one of a kind event, had the potential to be the biggest of its kind, anywhere.

When Dana passed away unexpectedly, it took the wind out of my sail and plans for HG3 were put on the shelf. I honestly did not want go forward with another HG event, even at the urging of fellow S.W.A.T. and FNN members. Then one day, I received a private message from a young lady and her dad asking me when the next Hunting Giants event will be held. They told me that they had so much fun at the first two and it was the one event they look forward to every year and that it meant a lot to them and their family. The message was sent by City Girl and her father, City Dad. It dawned on me while reading that message that this was what Dana had envisioned all along. I wasn’t about to let his hard work fade away and allow his legacy to become a distant memory. It gave me all the motivation I needed to call on my fellow S.W.A.T. members for their help to get the third HG event off the ground.

Last year’s event was a huge success and once again, we nearly doubled the number of participants of the previous event.

This year’s event was special. We actually had many people, members and sponsors alike reaching out to us, asking if they can help out and/or support the event. The willingness of individuals and companies to support our cause, along with the dedication and hard work of my S.W.A.T. Brothers and Sisters, is what made the HG4 event the success that you witnessed. Once again, we nearly doubled the number of attendance from the previous year.

The list of people to thank is extensive, and I will try not to miss anybody. But if I do, please forgive me and send me a reminder PM.

First of all, I want to thank all the registered participants that attended the event. These events have always been about “YOU” and for “YOU.” Thank you for coming out to join us in celebration of Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing in accordance with Dana’s philosophy. I hope that everybody had a great time. I appreciate the support that you have extended to me and the S.W.A.T. Crew throughout the years.

Special thanks go out to those of you who went the “extra” mile to donate raffle prizes and contributed to the potluck. Way to “Pay it Forward.”

A big applause for our sponsors that stepped up this year. Your generosity and support put a lot of smiles on peoples’ faces and we appreciate it very much. We thank you for your quality products, services and tireless dedication to our sport.

Please accept our sincerest thanks for your contributions to HG4 and we look forward to working with all of you again next year.

Big thanks go out to (in no particular order):
    Sal, Dick and the staff at Bob Sands Tackle in Van Nuys,
    Maiko, Roy Gray, Sandy and the rest of the team at Lucky Craft International,
    Brandon Hayward, Saltwater Editor at Western Outdoor News,
    Ryan, Frank, Kyle and the team from Daiwa Corporation,
    Richard and John of Richard’s Fishing Tackle in Rosemead,
    Liwei, Jeff and company at Team Phenix,
    Pete at Big Hammer Lures,
    Dave at Hook, Line & Sinker Tackle in Santa Barbara,
    Theresa Duncan of the Aquarium of the Pacific,
    Ed and Sam of Baja Fish Gear,
    Art from Avet Reels,
    Jim and Darin from Seeker Rods,
    Peter from Angler’s Tackle in Oceanside,
    Shawn from the Fish Taco Chronicles Magazine,
    John Sherman from Simms Fishing,
    Alex from the Rusty Hook Tackle in San Pedro,
    Bill from Pelagic Gear,
    Eric from Eric’s Tackle Shop in Ventura,
    Mike from Fishbone Lures,
    Stu and the guys at Fish N Fools Tackle in Granada Hills,
    Dean and the staff at Fishermen’s Spot in Van Nuys,
    Steve (TaperSteve) from Team 57,
    Webmaster Jeff of the Fishing Network.

Additional thanks go out to:
    Mohamed – Event Coordinator California State Parks
    Yvonne – Malibu State Park Event Supervisor
    Captain Mike Stefanak and Officer Cory Collins of the California Department of Fish & Games.

Donna (Nachofish) for the “Special” gift.

My Mom for staying up all night, hand rolling and frying up 200 egg rolls for the event.

Finally… my S.W.A.T. Brothers & Sisters. I’ve already sent each and every one of you a personal PM, relaying my gratitude for your support. But I would like to acknowledge all of you here on the board. To give credit where credit is due.
    Thank you for your personal contributions, donations, time invested and tireless efforts to make this event memorable for all those in attendance. Once again, I showed up on the day of the event to a “finished product” to be the MC. I pretty much sat in my office and made phone calls. My job was made easy, by the hard work of those who care about the happiness of others, more than they care about their own… Thank you for “Getting It”, for your willingness to “Pay it Forward” and to openly embrace the spirit of Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing.

Yes… Dana would have been proud.

Here’s looking ahead to Hunting Giants V. It will be bigger and better than ever!

Sincerely,
    Arthur (Wingnut)

Awards Recap:
    Congratulations to all the Winners!

Adult Fishing Derby.
    1st Place – Eugene Wu (OneMoreCast)
    2nd Place – James Karaba (Carpinator)
    3rd Place – Daniel Lee (Dlmoo312)

Junior Fishing Derby.
    1st Place – Kelly Meinhart (City Girl)
    2nd Place – Jean Michel Vibes (Peanutbutter)
    3rd Place – Blake Damron

Lucky Craft Casting Competition.
    1st Place – Jason Koike (Ulua1)
    2nd Place – Thien Vo (Bloox8)
    3rd Place – Bob Caffey (TroutOnly)
    Last edited by Wingnut; 10-26-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections.

I was sad that I missed last years event, so I was really looking forward to being there for this one. All I can say is wow! Thanks for everyone that showed up and made the event possible; our sponsors, the participants, and the SWAT crew. And a big congrats to all the winners of the event. I had a blast out there with all the festivities and meeting new people. Hope to do it again next year.

Red face See you all next year!

Thanks again for all the kind words and for the dozens of amazing PM's that I've received in the past couple of weeks.
    We appreciate your support and looking forward to seeing all of you again next year at HG5!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112