Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethics and Advice about poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Using bluegill for bait is legal in many parts of california. The colorado river district, including all canals throughout blythe, coachella, and imperial valley, the sacramento river and delta including tributaries, the san jouquin river and tributaries, as well as many other waters listed in the regs.
    I did not know that. I did however know that bluegill is legal in most states to use as bait. Whenever i go to another state and have to time fish but dont know whats biting the first species i target are cats, and if theres bluegill around I will use them, and with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    I did not know that. I did however know that bluegill is legal in most states to use as bait. Whenever i go to another state and have to time fish but dont know whats biting the first species i target are cats, and if theres bluegill around I will use them, and with great success.
    Yeah, my brother and I use live bluegill and goldfish for the big flatheads in the Blythe canals. We incidentally catch a lot of bass in the process.

plan a fishing trip with him, somewhere exciting. tell him he will need a license, if he says he cant afford one, just buy one for him. go fish and have a blast and explain the importance of having fishing license and ethical ways to him. if this doesnt work, well you tried at least right? or you can always go toss blue gill and catch big bass with him..jk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12