Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Newport pier 7/13/12

Default Newport pier 7/13/12

Decided to hit the Newport pier Friday night after work to wind down and relax from a long work week. Boy did this backfire! I hit Newport about 7:30 and it takes 30+ minutes to find parking. It felt like college all over again circling around and around looking for someone to leave. Finally park and walk up to the pier which is in full summer swing. Shoulder to shoulder anglers so to speak. I find a spot about mid pier to get my rod in the water and try to relax. This was not going to happen! With the dreaded snaggers on one side of me and on the other side guys who can't cast straight to save their lives. Lol! After the 4th cast over my gear I decided a move was necessary. I am hear to relax and not get bent at everyone. I can't yell at them because I put myself in this position. I move a little farther out and find a spot next to a couple of 15yr. old boys and one of there mothers. I cast out and chill. The boys were struggling with their gear and I offered to help out. One had line from his spinning reel all wrapped under the spool. Got them squared away and they were happy and asking lots of questions. I got the skunk this night but I was able to assist some new young fishermen with some gear and help and relax after all. It is that time of year when the piers are crowded again so remember what you are getting into before you go out so you don't ruin your time out. Expect crowds and problems and you won't lose it! Lol
    P.S. The macks where plentiful if you wanted them though!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 07-16-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi ya 5150fishn,

A very well written fishing report....soldier!

Even though the species you were targeting may have evaded you this evening, the opportunity to assist others.... and to finally have the chance to relax and chill out....as planned.....priceless!

Thanx for the fish report!

SP Dan <"))><

Amen the crowded pier.

I did the same thing here Sunday afternoon. I took my wife out to see if we could stock up on some Mac's. The pier was crazy with the most people I have ever seen fishing on it. No Fish, but a lot of fishing
    Worked up 2 mac's and called it a night.

Way cool you helped those people out. I did that once for a kid while his mom watched. When I was done he yelled over to his mom and said something I will never forget.... " Hey Mom!!! Look what that OLD guy helped me with !!! "

Heck I might of been 35 or so at the time. KID'S

WWO

ps was mom trolling?

ps was mom trolling?

Lol!!! No she was just reading a book and letting the boys do there thing.

I want to go there and get some baitfish, macks or jacksmelt for bait.