Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking to upgrade

Default looking to upgrade

ok with the new trout season around the corner im looking to upgrade from my current tube. Caddis navigator pro (see avatar) its been a sweet rid but with every use its cons start to outweigh its pros.

so im starting the look for another tube my budget is bout $220 im open to uses or new.

ok so here the question.

i know most people are going to tell me to get OFC 4 and some people who have to consider price far less then i will insist i get OFC super fat cat. but there are so many options and most of them are comparatively priced. if you have any kind of float tube id like to hear what you have what you like about it and what you don't like about it.

Everybody is crazy about the Fish Cat tubes. I don't know much about them. They do cost more. I have a Creek Company ODC 420. It has a very large capacity and is really big. I got it for $129 on ebay, and I am very happy with it. I feel like it's super reliable. Floats high in the water, and it seems very rugged. The seat is not inflated, but I tie on one of those $6.00 seat PFDs, and my back is a comfy as can be (learned all these tricks from Vortec_Cruiser). Here's on on ebay bidding at $99.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creek-Compan...item3a772395f3

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Everybody is crazy about the Fish Cat tubes. I don't know much about them. They do cost more. I have a Creek Company ODC 420. It has a very large capacity and is really big. I got it for $129 on ebay, and I am very happy with it. I feel like it's super reliable. Floats high in the water, and it seems very rugged. The seat is not inflated, but I tie on one of those $6.00 seat PFDs, and my back is a comfy as can be (learned all these tricks from Vortec_Cruiser). Here's on on ebay bidding at $99.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creek-Compan...item3a772395f3
    thanks for your reply. i have defently been looking at the ODC420 and was seriously considering one last year when i found the deal on the caddis and could not pass it up

A Cumberland can be had for under $200 on coverbonanza.com I just recently got one and they are sweet. Foam seats, plenty of storage space and have a capacity of 350lbs. I just did an eight hour session today and no complaints here. The water level is right under the knee. Here's a picture of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by .:LOLLY:. View Post

How did you make your bait barge?

I personally saw lollys Cumberland today and that tube is the ish...im definetly considering dumping my ofc4 for a Cumberland! Ive had to repair two leaks on my ofc4 in just one month,but outcast has really good feed back and will replace defective bladders free of charge....hmmmm decisions...decisions....hmmmmmm....

@ vortec,that was a livewell for a tournament today!
    Last edited by bassfishing24/7; 07-16-2012 at 12:57 AM.

My live well is made out of:
    one (1) pop-up hamper
    four (4) pieces of 1/2" diameter pvc at two (2) different lengths
    four (4) 1/2" diameter pvc 90 degree elbows
    four (4) pieces of pool noodle at two (2) different lengths
    zip-ties, pvc glue, and laundry rope

The only thing I might add is a lid that is white on the outside and black on the inside to keep the fish fresh and calm.
    The lid will help your live bait stay alive and active for a longer period of time.

My live well is made out of:
    one (1) pop-up hamper
    four (4) pieces of 1/2" diameter pvc at two (2) different lengths
    four (4) 1/2" diameter pvc 90 degree elbows
    four (4) pieces of pool noodle at two (2) different lengths
    zip-ties, pvc glue, and laundry rope

The only thing I might add is a lid that is white on the outside and black on the inside to keep the fish fresh and calm.
    The lid will help your live bait stay alive and active for a longer period of time.
    does the cumbarland have multiple bladers or is it one blader. from the pics it look like 2 but i never seen one or talked to any one about them so you never know.

i was also considering these tubes just never heard anything about them so im very in the dark about them so any more info about them would be greatly apreciated.

what kind of vavles dose it have and is there a storage area behind the seat like simlar v shaped float tubes
    Last edited by Thisfool; 07-16-2012 at 09:37 AM.

it has two bladders and the bladder area surrounding the valve has velcro so it gets attached to the green material. it prevents the valve from moving around and hiding when inflating.

the valves are two in one. If you take off the main valve, all the air rushes out and deflates completely in a matter of seconds. It has a one way valve on top of that one that when unscrewed it only lets air in and not out. This comes in handy when you need to add air while on the water.

As far as storage goes, there are the two main pockets (one on the left and one on the right. then behind the seat there is mesh in that v-shaped area. A lot of people like to put 5 gallon buckets back there. It also has a mesh pocket right behind the seat similar to car seats.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have about it. I just got mine last Thursday but have friends that have had them for years so I am very familiar with them.

it has two bladders and the bladder area surrounding the valve has velcro so it gets attached to the green material. it prevents the valve from moving around and hiding when inflating.

the valves are two in one. If you take off the main valve, all the air rushes out and deflates completely in a matter of seconds. It has a one way valve on top of that one that when unscrewed it only lets air in and not out. This comes in handy when you need to add air while on the water.

As far as storage goes, there are the two main pockets (one on the left and one on the right. then behind the seat there is mesh in that v-shaped area. A lot of people like to put 5 gallon buckets back there. It also has a mesh pocket right behind the seat similar to car seats.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have about it. I just got mine last Thursday but have friends that have had them for years so I am very familiar with them.
    awsome yea the mesh in the v shaped area behind the seat was what i was asking about.

with that bit of info the cumbarland might have just moved to the front of the line especialy since it seems to buy a better bargen then most other tubes.

one more question. is it just me or is it a bit longer of a tube or are the storage pouches shorter then a fish cats?
    Last edited by Thisfool; 07-16-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast