Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got fleeced by fellow FFNer on GoPro Hero2 camera purchase

That's why you never buy a used car without dealer warranty. Usually if they don't have dealer warranty on it, it means it will break down within 6 months. And if it was a private party transaction, well I personally would never even consider that route.

What is the suggested retail value of the camera? How much did you pay? If you paid way under retail then quit bitching. Live by these words, you get what you pay for.

If the camera works thats the main part, the housing is cheap and if you need a head strap they are from $5 on eBay. Im sure if you contacted him before you posted this he would have worked with you. There no way to actually say what happen, learn from this and move on, tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by t3rry View Post
    What is the suggested retail value of the camera? How much did you pay? If you paid way under retail then quit bitching. Live by these words, you get what you pay for.
    The retail value is irrelevant if there was no fraud or deceit. If the seller believed that the camera was complete and in working order, nothing untoward occurred. There is nothing in this post suggesting that the price was high for the purported value. We often overlook the important kernel of truth that lies at the heart of the issue and focus on emotional and irrelevant detritus surrounding it. This is unfortunate and results in too many disagreements. It also plays a large part in the inability to solve many of our national political and social problems. There is no middle ground seen by people trying to resolve these issues. It also leads to much of the intolerance we see in society. Lastly, with all these contentious opinions being aired in public on this board, we lose sight of the fact that it's very possible that both parties are telling the truth to the best of their understandings of the details of the sale.

Just saying...

^^^^^ real talk right there.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    The retail value is irrelevant if there was no fraud or deceit. If the seller believed that the camera was complete and in working order, nothing untoward occurred. There is nothing in this post suggesting that the price was high for the purported value. We often overlook the important kernel of truth that lies at the heart of the issue and focus on emotional and irrelevant detritus surrounding it. This is unfortunate and results in too many disagreements. It also plays a large part in the inability to solve many of our national political and social problems. There is no middle ground seen by people trying to resolve these issues. It also leads to much of the intolerance we see in society. Lastly, with all these contentious opinions being aired in public on this board, we lose sight of the fact that it's very possible that both parties are telling the truth to the best of their understandings of the details of the sale.

Just saying...

Here's one for you skyler: "I dont always read big words, but when I do, I don't understand any of it." Lmao!!! Hating on a person for being intellectual. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by white belt View Post
    Here's one for you skyler: "I dont always read big words, but when I do, I don't understand any of it." Lmao!!! Hating on a person for being intellectual. Wow.
    In all honesty, I don't think he used any "big words". He just wrote correctly in English. If any of those words were "big" to some, perhaps there is an education issue involved...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    My intent wasn't to impress anyone. Neither was it to denigrate anyone. Sometimes the clearest way to get to the heart of the matter is to use precise words. Sometimes they are multisyllabic. Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    In all honesty, I don't think he used any "big words". He just wrote correctly in English. If any of those words were "big" to some, perhaps there is an education issue involved...
    If he is a youngin, and he grew up in SoCal, education issue is a pretty safe assumption.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast