Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got fleeced by fellow FFNer on GoPro Hero2 camera purchase

Default .............................................

.................................................. ......
    Last edited by vortec_cruiser; 07-19-2012 at 02:36 PM.

sorry to hear that bud....im trying to save for a new one so i can avoid that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood Jablome View Post
    sorry to hear that bud....im trying to save for a new one so i can avoid that situation
    Sorry to hear about that, Ed. I think we may want to place more trust that called for in the people we think we know on FNN. And when you actually meet the person face-to-face there is an additional trust factor.

Sad story for you. Sad story for all of us, really.

All heco in China..

it's kinda like when you buy something at the store nobody ever send in the warranty

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    Yesterday I purchased a Go Pro Hero2 outdoor edition camera from FNN member bassoholic (Kevin). He said he had only used it twice, and that he had all the parts that originally came with it. When he showed me the camera, it was in its housing and attached to the helmet strap mount. He turned it on to assure me it worked, and showed me a plastic bag with mounts and other pieces in it. Not knowing exactly what parts should be there, I took his word for it.

Getting home about a half hour later, I started going through the parts and further examining the camera. Upon unscrewing the helmet mount from the camera foot, I discovered the helmet mount was broken, and the pieces held together by the long screw joining them. In fact, one of the broken pieces was missing. In the pictures Kevin had sent me, the camera housing was not attached to the helmet mount. So, he had to have attached the camera housing to the helmet mount sometime after that. Upon checking the accessories in the plastic bag against the list on the GoPro website, I discovered that the head strap w/mount was missing, along with the piece that allows you to mount the camera housing to most of the other mounts.

I texted Kevin initially about the broken helmet mount (before I discovered the missing parts), and he simply pleaded ignorance. He said that I got such a good deal on the camera that I shouldn't complain. When I texted him about the missing parts, he never responded.

It really pisses me off that I thought I was dealing with an honest person, when, in fact, he turns out to be no better than some guy selling stuff on the street.
    Are you kidding me? That's not even what took place. If you want to stir up drama on this board, I'll gladly participate since you are directing it at me.

Let's back up a few steps here. I wasn't aware of ANY damage to that camera and it wasn't damaged when I gave it to you. It also WASNT'T DAMAGED when I took 5 minutes and walked you through on how to use it and showed it to you. Why do you think I told you too look at it and take your time and make sure you examined it and ask any questions if you had any. You did, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with that camera when I gave it to you. But all the sudden I'm crooked and I'm a thief?

This is besides the point but the pictures you sent me were for a 5 dollar piece of plastic. I'm not fixing it because it wasn't like that when I gave it to you. If the camera didn't work, well that would be a different story. I'm taking the high road here because I would rather say a few other things to you but I'm not going to. I think it's rather interesting how you twist and manipulate some of my responses. I've only sold a handful of things on here and you are the first person to pull this. All my stuff if top knotch and quality!!

You didn't know what parts came with the camera? That's funny because I sent you a text listing the items that came with it and also referred you to the Go Pro website where it listed the accessories that came with the camera and that I had. Enough of this already. Enjoy the camera and you're welcome for the deal you got on the camera, minus this mysterious, broken plastic piece!

To me, if you had a problem with the deal, the best way to have resolved it would be to PRIVATELY contact the seller and give him or her a chance to rectify, or justify the problem BEFORE going on a public forum and damaging this persons credibility. That would have been the right thing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    To me, if you had a problem with the deal, the best way to have resolved it would be to PRIVATELY contact the seller and give him or her a chance to rectify, or justify the problem BEFORE going on a public forum and damaging this persons credibility. That would have been the right thing to do...
    It is what is it.........he's sent me 400 text messages over what looks like to be a $5.00 piece of plastic, calling me names, a thief, you name it. Normally I would buy it just to shut him up. But that isn't going to happen now! What's amazing to me is we both examined it before the transaction was made for 10 minutes, NO DAMAGE!

I'll go pop the popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I'll go pop the popcorn...

Ill take mine with extra butter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast