Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Apollo park

Default Apollo park

have they started putting cats in there yet, I'm hungry for some and last i heard they stopped stocking. I went out there for about 30-45mins last saturday to see if they put cats in there. But all i got was crap, I mean carp, a bunch of little 1/2lbers. A real big one took my line and i almost lost my 5th pole(lol jk) I did nearly lose a pole to that sucker. Luckily I reeled for all of 10secs before he came unbuttoned. I wish i had more time to fish, but i had stuff to do and after being gone the week before to fish lake powell for about 4days I figured i had enough fishing time for the week before i needed to get back to stuff around the house. I also haven't hit up the duct a good while so I'll be getting back to that. Oh almost forgot I went back the next day(sadly not to fish) and say a guy caught a bluegill out of there. When i saw it I at first didnt beleive my eyes, not because it was big cause it wasnt, but because I thought that lake only had stocker trout, carp and, cats(when stocked). So the gill was a nice surprise, or i think it was a gill I always mix up gills and red ear so it could of been that. BTW what is the difference between the two. Anyway plan to head back out next week to see if anything has been stocked in there or not.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fishin"2limits"arteest
    Brigadier Lance corpral
    BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/group.php?groupid=32[/QUOTE]

Last I heard, they haven't put cats in for a couple of years. I have never seen a bluegill caught out of there. Maybe it was a transplanted crappie from Elizabeth? What did you catch the carp on?

I went about a month ago. When we called the person on the phone said they still stock every two weeks of trout and one of the plants was catfish. When we got there it was windy averaging about 20mph and hot with temps close to 100! We saw one guy catch a trout on marshmellow and meal worm combo and one guy walking to the car with a catfish. There were thousands of small carp fry swimming around with the biggest one being about 2 1/2 inches long.

Quote Originally Posted by PilgrimDG View Post
    Last I heard, they haven't put cats in for a couple of years. I have never seen a bluegill caught out of there. Maybe it was a transplanted crappie from Elizabeth? What did you catch the carp on?
    I caught them on nightcrawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterAndy View Post
    I went about a month ago. When we called the person on the phone said they still stock every two weeks of trout and one of the plants was catfish. When we got there it was windy averaging about 20mph and hot with temps close to 100! We saw one guy catch a trout on marshmellow and meal worm combo and one guy walking to the car with a catfish. There were thousands of small carp fry swimming around with the biggest one being about 2 1/2 inches long.
    From what i understand the trout stockngs stopped in may, but i could be wrong. there were carp fry everywhere so anychances of your bait getting in the mouths of one of those trout or catfish is slim. Especially considering that those carp fry eat any and everything. Hearing about the guy with the catfish is good news though. I might have to take another trip back up there.