Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEWPORT HARBOR!!! With Vid of hali and great gaff shot ;)

There can't be enough contamination in those fish to do any harm. I only keep fish from the harbor when I catch some legal Hali's, plus most of the bass were going to die due to being very deeply hooked, all the bass that were hooked in the corner of the mouth were released. and I'd rather eat those fish then feed a damn pelican. This upcoming monday there will be another NPH report. Hopefully I have have some trophies to post.

sandies are mostly migratory, coming up to spawn, in the harbor mouth especially, NPH is also south of the red area, palos verdes, fish caught south of huntington area are less likely to contain high levels of mercury/ddt contaminants, still not recommending to eat YFC outta the harbor, but i dont think twice about taking a few sand bass every month or two, haven't grown an extra toe yet...

congrats on a nice hali!

ml

had so much fun that day hahah i was the photographer for that trip haha i caught so mmany damn fish that day haa we all did cant wait for wensday we hittin it up again finally kenny u make it over to fnn \

Congrats on the Halibut,nice one,and yes nice gaff shot.

Cya Tuna Vic

Hi ya Beaverfishinfever,

Welcome to the FNN site!

"Congratulations" on not only the variety pack of fish but on your LEGAL Halbut as well! WTG!!

Thanx for the fsh report with pic's!

SP dan <"))><

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12