Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Transforming an Inboard boat to an outboard boat?

Default Transforming an Inboard boat to an outboard boat?

I'm a n00b to boats so bear with me on these questions please.

1. Is it possible to convert a boat that has a inboard engine to an outboard boat?

2. Would you have to modify the rear end of the boat or do they sell such a device that would hold an outboard on an inboard boat?

3. Has anyone done this kind of project before or know of someone that has achieved it?

Thanks in advance!

Breeze

you may want to check out iboats.com for information like this... I would imagine it would be a pita to do and you are probably better off selling the I/O and just getting an OB boat...

It can be done. I tried once and wound up cutting the boat up with a sawzall and putting it in a dumpster. Basically you have to patch the area where the inboard was, shape and properly brace the rear for the outboard. Also run steering, placement of fuel tank and a battery. There is probably more, but I think this covers the basics. I agree with grimpy about checking iboats.com. Just make sure you research and understand what you are doing. Good luck and hope it comes out nice.

Breeze - Just do it! lol