Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing AND a TOMATO FIGHT????? 8/25

Default Fishing AND a TOMATO FIGHT????? 8/25

http://www.groupon.com/deals/tomato-...utm_source=rvs

Throwing tomatoes is a universal sign of chagrin, from hecklers pelting bad comedians to gradeschoolers squirting ketchup during wrong words at spelling bees. Launch a meaningful attack with this Groupon.

$25 to Attend the Tomato Battle ($50 Value)

Tomato Battle contestants gather at Irvine Lake on Saturday, August 25, starting at noon. Live entertainment and a costume contest get crowds amped up for the fight itself at 4 p.m., and festivities last until 6 p.m. In the event of a tomato shortage, the festival will go on as planned but will be transformed into a mud battle.

Tomato Battle

At each of several one-day festivals held throughout the country, thousands of revelers unite in an epic clash of pulp, beer, and live music. Armed with a cache of 300,000 pounds of tomatoes, participants don protective bathing suits and goggles and hurl the fruit at one another during a two-hour battle. Throughout the afternoon, live music and costume contests offer an entertaining respite from the front lines, as bartenders dispense drafts of beer to attendees older than 21, refueling soldiers’ morale before they resign to writing goodbye letters to their produce vendors back home. All tomatoes used during the event are past ripe and already fated for disposal, making the battle an efficient means of tossing them before their cursed transformation into singing Muppets.

I wonder if this includes fishing?!?!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNN0804H-180_526417a.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	36260

dislike!

Quote Originally Posted by white belt View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNN0804H-180_526417a.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	36260

dislike!
    Does this picture show us mal-nourishment due to food not being present in his village (assuming his home is in a village somewhere), or does it show us the ravages of AIDS?
    Last edited by Marley; 07-12-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Does this picture show us mal-nourishment due to food not being present in his village (assuming his home is in a village somewhere), or does it show us the ravages of AIDS?
    Looks healthy to me !

Marley I have no idea... But even if he had AIDs he looks hungry as hell hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by white belt View Post
    Marley I have no idea... But even if he had AIDs he looks hungry as hell hahaha
    Yes, he does. Breaks my heart that we have such an over abundance of food here and the powers where kids like that are often don't let food get through. War lords, dictators, opposing tribal chieftains all hungry for money and power. Bassturds.
    Okay, that's my pair of copper heads.
    I'm thinking that two pontoons with water balloon slingshots and a couple of cases of Romas could wreak havoc on shore-bound tomato fighters. Better yet, I have a CO2 cannon that could lob a Beefsteak half way across the lake.