Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late report, DVL Tuesday 7/10

Default Late report, DVL Tuesday 7/10

Arrived in line at 5:00am to find the expected, very few boats. Today was a real cooker and the lack of anglers was to be expected. On the water at 5:45 and headed straight to one of our favorite off shore spots so we could fish it while it was still calm. I threw a 3/4oz shad spinner first allowing it to hit the bottom at 40ft, then slow rolled it right above the bottom uphill back to the boat. Fancasting in 5ft increments, on the fourth cast I got hit and boated the first fish of the day, a nice 3lber. I then began throwing my t-rig and jigs at that spot and stuck 3 more solid 2-3 lbers. After boating 6 fish on that spot between the 2 of us, we headed for steep, rocky, shaded banks and produced several more fish with the heaviest being a fat 4lber using t-rigs and jigs. The bite stopped at around 11:00am, and at this point, having boated a double limit, the water surface becoming like glass, and the air temps getting a bit hot, actually really stinkin hot, we decided to take a break and cruised around in the artificial breeze metering spots to put together patterns for later, hoping for a breeze.

Right about 2:00pm, the breeze finally kicked in and it was game on. We went back to some of the spots we metered and began picking them off with soft plastics fishing VERY SLOWLY. A rocky outcropping off a point produced the biggest fish of the day, a 6-5 fatty that bendoed my rod and pulled line off big time on the hit. We ended the day having stuck 16 keepers and a bazillion dinks (not counted) for a great, but hot as h***, day!

If you are going out, be sure to drink a ton of water. Some one riding a bike on the trail had to be rescued due to heat exhaustion and dehydration. If you know you're going out the next day, spend the entire day prior hydrating, and take a lot of water with you. You will need it...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 07-12-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Sweet report, way to go out there, thanks!

Thanks, and your welcome...

WTG, any pix's of the 6lber

Thanks for the report

Excellent report dude. You had a good day!!

Great report HW! Good job hanging the big girl too..... Fishing from shore has been tough lately, I was out there yeserday and only managed a few dinks in a short session and then the weather/wind got a little nuts! The water had a funky turquoise tint to it as well.....?

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgStalker View Post
    Great report HW! Good job hanging the big girl too..... Fishing from shore has been tough lately, I was out there yeserday and only managed a few dinks in a short session and then the weather/wind got a little nuts! The water had a funky turquoise tint to it as well.....?

Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks HS. The water color reminds me of all the pictures I've seen of Lake Amistad in Texas. It's kinda cool looking I think. I have no idea why it is, and it doesn't seem to affect the bite. Actually, the stained water is a big plus for reaction type bites. And indeed, that bite is still on on some parts of the lake at certain times of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by FishinMishin View Post
    WTG, any pix's of the 6lber

Nah, the cell I have takes horrible pics. Yes there were pics taken, but they're on my buddies disposable camera that's in his boat. It'll be awhile before he gets around developing them. But unless it's a record of some sort, I really won't post pics. Maybe someday when I get around to buying a decent digital camera...

"Excellent report dude. You had a good day!!"

Thanks boatbling!
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 07-13-2012 at 12:53 PM.

NICE REPORT H/Z/W THATS GOOD INFO FOR THE GUYS FISHING BASS,DOING PYSHICAL LABOR MY WHOLE LIFE AND LIVING IN THE HIGH DESERT IM ALL OVER THE HYDRO DEAL,,,,,,I'LL BE BACK DOWN IN A COUPLE WEEKS HOPE TO SEE YOU ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast