Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 07 / 11 Slow Day on the Cuda & Sandies on the 'Shoe' .. Lotsa Birds

Default 07 / 11 Slow Day on the Cuda & Sandies on the 'Shoe' .. Lotsa Birds

JR:
    The above report is why I grew balls and started reading swell/tide reports. I've been taking my 17.5' Bass boat out to the paddies and fishing structure. I have a blast fishing for $10. Go Dana Point!

Default 10 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerLover View Post
    JR:
    The above report is why I grew balls and started reading swell/tide reports. I've been taking my 17.5' Bass boat out to the paddies and fishing structure. I have a blast fishing for $10. Go Dana Point!
    sounds like you got some guts out there in a flat top. bet if i had one i'd do the same thing. i love fishing the kelp like its some oversized hydrilla. if you ever need some gas money i'd hook you up for a ride out with ya.

Japan Ron,

Great tips! A good portion of the report should be made into a sticky for quick reference by those who are new to the 1/2 Day and 3/4 Day boats! I wish i had come across this information when i started fishing the open party boats...it would have saved me quite a bit of time and anguish...not to mention lost hats that were snagged by stray tadys during a summer cuda run.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    sounds like you got some guts out there in a flat top. bet if i had one i'd do the same thing. i love fishing the kelp like its some oversized hydrilla. if you ever need some gas money i'd hook you up for a ride out with ya.
    Dana Point a good place to meet half way?

Hi fish_sauce,

Thanks, I totally understand. I have a looooong aside I've built up over the years detailing all the dirty tricks the garbage on the boats (Patrons and some crew members alike) pull but see no real positive effect and would be shot 'like the messenger' in most cases. ha ha ha

I wouldn't do a sticky on the partyboat deal as you can bet the landings don't want to see growing numbers of folks carrying through with SOME of my suggestions ...... take that to the bank !!

JapanRon