Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I smell a poacher!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I smell a poacher!!!!

I have come to find out that a certain person is harvesting 5 bass or more over four pounds and over 17 inches DAILY from eisinhower. I personally told this person what they were doing was unethical and illegal only for the person to start a confrontation. I'm a big boy and I was highly tempted to deck this person but being the bigger man I refrained from rearranging this persons face. I guess this is mostly a rant but keep an eye out at your local spots. If you see something that doesn't look right then please have the cajones to tell the wrongdoer. Bass are highly pressured around here as it is. We don't need pepper like this making it worse. Thanks for reading.
    JH

I know exactly who you're talking about.

That "man" is a total jerk.

I know he doesn't have a license from the way he nervously and defensively behaves.

He comes every week. Tosses out live bait, catches 5 bass, rushes to his car and bails.

He's probably selling them..

He probably has a license, why would he stop with 5 bass? He's nervous because he doesn't want to get the shat beat out of him.. Too bad there's people like this..

If he's fishing with live bluegill like most a-holes use there, he's probably nervous because that's illegal. Most don't even realize it's illegal...

It's sickening to me, this is already a fishery in desperate need of attention. Then this guy comes along and starts destroying a dwindling population. I wish the DFG would pay a little more attention to places like this and prosecute these people. If I were to kick his ***** I would probably face a fine if not jail time and this guy will be right back at it the next week. I wonder how many other places he frequents? Oh well stay vigilant guys, it's up to us to inform educate and try to end this before it gets out of hand.
    JH

As Jesus said, "let he who is without limits, cast the first live bluegill."

Is Eisenhower C&R?

Because if it's not, and the limit is 5, then what the gentleman is doing is completely legal, as long as he has a license and is catching them without breaking regulations. This is America!

Remember, the DFG sets limits because they feel it is ok for everyone to go home everyday with those limits without affecting the ecosystem, and who are we as anglers to tell them otherwise.

Skyler, looks like we have a venue for the next Bucket Brigade Bonanza!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dark "Keep Everything I Catch" Shadow
    Brigadier Sergeant at Arms
    BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/group.php?groupid=32

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    As Jesus said, "let he who is without limits, cast the first live bluegill."

Is Eisenhower C&R?

Because if it's not, and the limit is 5, then what the gentleman is doing is completely legal, as long as he has a license and is catching them without breaking regulations. This is America!

Remember, the DFG sets limits because they feel it is ok for everyone to go home everyday with those limits without affecting the ecosystem, and who are we as anglers to tell them otherwise.

Skyler, looks like we have a venue for the next Bucket Brigade Bonanza!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dark "Keep Everything I Catch" Shadow
    Brigadier Sergeant at Arms
    BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/group.php?groupid=32

WOW dark shadow,,,,,,,NICE!!!!!!

Il ditto that,,,,,,,,,,,did i say ditto??

ya,,,,,.ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,love it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DITTO!

Follow the regs and take your daily bag limit,,,legally.

TRAIL BLAZER

He is using bluegill I personally saw it. But what does that matter when he's already poaching fish in the first place. It took me months to get my first five pounder out of there because I don't cheat. If this was a large body of water I.e DVL or mead then I would feel a little differently about the use of live bait but not in a small city lake that's just lame man.

Regardless of whether or not it is a c&r fishery the DFG states that you may only keep one bass over 17 inches in your daily bag limit. Not five of them. And people wonder where all the big bass are? There in Javier's bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by technician View Post
    He is using bluegill I personally saw it. But what does that matter when he's already poaching fish in the first place. It took me months to get my first five pounder out of there because I don't cheat. If this was a large body of water I.e DVL or mead then I would feel a little differently about the use of live bait but not in a small city lake that's just lame man.
    If u don't call the Cal Tip # u have no right to complain, regardless if they come out our not. If u and others call, the local Warden will at least realize something serious is going on.

I recommend taking photos or videos, because a DFG Warden will eventually call u back if u leave a # with Cal Tip, and they can use your vids or photos as evidence. I know this because I took photos several years ago and the Warden had me email them and told me later on that it was enough evidence to bust the person.

-b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast