Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitting up Lake Mead

Default Hitting up Lake Mead

The family and I are hitting up Mead for Father's Day weekend. Just wondering if anyone has fished Mead lately? A buddy of mine said the fishing has been good outside of Caville for LMB and striper. Any advice would be great. Always trying to put the kids on fish. Thanks in advance.

Thats funny Tagg, I just posted a similar thread. Im taking my family to Cottonwood Cove the following weekend. Saw your from Riverside as well. Good luck out there. Share your report here if you could. Im interested to hear how you get along out there.

Nevada section of Big Fish Tackle has some good reports occasionally.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=42

Fishstory - I'll let you know how we do once I get back

Seal - Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by tagg27 View Post
    Fishstory - I'll let you know how we do once I get back

Seal - Thanks for the info

Well???

How was it?

=)

Tough bite...Caught 3 Lmb between 2-3 lbs and 2 Smallies 1-1 1/2lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed God View Post
    Well???

How was it?

=)

I'm going for 10 days mid-October. Wonder how it will be? I've heard the weather is cooler than summer but can get snotty with monsoons. Don't know about the bite. Sould be exciting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed God View Post
    I'm going for 10 days mid-October. Wonder how it will be? I've heard the weather is cooler than summer but can get snotty with monsoons. Don't know about the bite. Sould be exciting!!!
    Very good time of the year for topwater. The shad should be up and in the shallows, although this year so far the shad population hasn't shown up as much as years past.

You should do very well it only gets better as the water cools.

Seal you seem to be educated on mead, I'll be there in September for the us open and was hoping to get some time on the water between blackout drunkenness and losing all my money. Have you fished it in the dead of summer with a lot of pressure? How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by technician View Post
    Seal you seem to be educated on mead, I'll be there in September for the us open and was hoping to get some time on the water between blackout drunkenness and losing all my money. Have you fished it in the dead of summer with a lot of pressure? How was it?
    I have a friend in Henderson that I fish with year around out there. September should be getting better if not very good. Since I normally fish from a tube or kayak I don't chase the LMB's out there as much as I do here locally, although we catch plenty, actually the smallmouth are really getting good in there. Stripers are my normal target and they should be very good in the 33 hole area and we'll also target them by Boulder bay and Hemenway point. Scroungers with flukes in smok'n shad or pearl are great, rattletrap type baits, small gulp curly tail grubs on a darter head are all good for subsurface, if you are tossing at boils then make sure and have some small silver kastmasters you can cast a long ways with them and run just under the boil. I'm a topwater nut so I'll always have a spook on a rod if they are hitting on the top. During the day they might be deep (sometimes they'll boil all day though) if they are deep and you are out on the water try vertical jigging, it's very productive there and when the waters warmer during the heat of the day the bigger ones will hang on the bottom.

Hit me up before you go and I'll give you the latest info. I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast