Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: fly fishing near Las Vegas?

Default fly fishing near Las Vegas?

Any fly fishing near Las Vegas? I'll take trout, bass, any panfish, don't really care. Heading there in a few weeks and wanted to get a half day or so of fishing in to get away from the tables.

thanks

This time of year would be best to flyfish for stripers around Calville Bay or Lake Mead Marina. If its trout your searching for check out Willow Beach or take the trip to Utah and fish in Hurricane

Not much cold water stuff near Vegas, I believe there are a stream or 2 in the mountains above Vegas (near the ski resort). This time of the year the stripers in Mead are targeting small shad (fry/larvae), they will slurp them up. Since the shad are so small actually fly fishing is a great way to target them but a boat, float tube, kayak etc.. would be pretty necessary to get close enought to the boils.

Willow gets planted every week with some nice trout but they disperse pretty quickly, if you can get there on the planting day (Friday I think) then you probably would have some action on the fly.

Google fishing in Las Vegas. They have a number of ponds and sloughs that have fish and some are stocked. I know there is a resort near Vegas that has monster carp and LMB in it's lake

I have been here before. I was not able to catch anything in the few hours I was there, but there were people around me when I was there who did catch some fish.

http://www.vegas.com/attractions/out...floydlamb.html

Quote Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
    I have been here before. I was not able to catch anything in the few hours I was there, but there were people around me when I was there who did catch some fish.

http://www.vegas.com/attractions/out...floydlamb.html
    Haaaaaaaa yes Floyd Lamb park!! Big fish in there too. Take a swim bait set up

I go fly fishing on the vegas strip and the nightclubs all the time but not sure what you are trying to catch but all catch are two legged tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by ToadsToadsOnly View Post
    I go fly fishing on the vegas strip and the nightclubs all the time but not sure what you are trying to catch but all catch are two legged tuna.
    some of those tuna are infested and diseased. Fish with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    some of those tuna are infested and diseased. Fish with caution.
    And they look nothing like their pictures on those flyers...