Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman Sighting! NPH 7/22. 7/1 Recon on the S.W.A.T Vessel and 7/8 Ghost Hunt.

Holy moly commander, that is a beast of a white sea bass.
    I'm glad that you hit one out of the park after 2 strikes.
    Binh and I struck out at the Castaic night fishing Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    NICE REPORT!!!

That boat is one of the best skiffs around! Plenty of room to walk or in some cases RUN to the bow when you hook a fish. I might know a little bit about that boat. I got one myself

Attachment 36212

Aaron nice boat man! Looks sweet, but you better watch
    put with your little man he's gonna take over the ship! And become captain! Lol

Ghost busters!!!
    Thanks for bringing over the White Sea Bass filets and squid Art. I couldn't believe how big those WSB steaks were.
    We battered and fried up the squid and they were fantastic. You made our family very happy bro.
    Mikey is truly Yoda, the force is strong with him. Thanks again for sharing your catch my friend. I'll be camping out at Lake Isabella this weekend, but next weekend, let's take the boat out again.

Wow!!! Those are some big ghosts guys!! Im so curious to see how strong one of those are :D. One day!

Congrats on those catches guys and good luck AGAIN next time :)

Thien

Very impressed with those quality of fish seems like they are on the chew like no other from local water to the channel islands. I think it's time for me to slay away. Thanks for the great report and pics I had to come aboard and reply :)!!

Everyone has said what is in my mind to say...just unbelievable! What an enjoyable report, and a heartwarming sight to see that our increasingly pressured oceans still have such wondrous creatures out there! Thanks very much.

Congrats Arthur on the toad WSB! The one man show is what makes it all the more impressive! If you have the time please post some pics of Iron Chef's handy work on those croaker filets.

Congratulation for your PB Ghost. 52", that is really huge. You got your revenge for sure. And a year stock of fish meat.
    Great report as always.

Default Superb!

No doubt Mikey is the Fishing Yoda.
    Thanks for dropping by the WSB fillets Art, our family will definitely enjoy them.
    That is one huge Croaker, congrats my friend, you certainly exact deadly revenge on the Ghost enemy.
    I wish i could have seen the look on your face when Mikey handed you that gaff and made you gaff your own fish, priceless.
    I will see you next weekend, I can't believe that we're finally going to fish together. It's been over a year.

I got the memo from SWAT Central Command last night, looking forward to seeing everybody at the upcoming Hunting Giants 4 Surf Fishing Event! Long live the spirit of 57.

Smile Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post
    Arthur,

Can't wait to see the ghost report!!! I missed you guys on the launch ramp at Cabrillo by 15 minutes heading out AND coming back in!!! Wind picked up pretty bad out there and the bite pretty much shut down in the afternoon anyway.

Hope to be able to meet up with you guys on the surf sometimes before my summer break is over. ;)

Andrew
    Yeah Andrew, the wind made the trek back into the harbor interesting, lol.
    Intel shows that it's been kinda slow in the surf lately, but I'll make my way back to the suds soon...

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Well, I'll fill in some of the time waiting for Report#2 with this offering... Kind of like the trailers before the main feature..

My boy, Aaron, and I found these two on the backside of Anacapa, July 3, aboard the 'Aloha Spirit'.. Fair bite in morning.. great bite early afternoon.. 22 anglers....25 Ghosts... The two largest (to 48lbs.) were part of a stringer of four caught by the only woman (Mary) on board... Custom lavender/pink rods, etc... She was the only one using 8oz., 5/0, hugging tight to the bottom.. We were using 6oz., which was plenty, but were three turns off the bottom to avoid the bats....mistake..
    Great day, great boat, great son..

Nice catch Sid, nothing like a successful slay session for Father & Son. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Awesome ride you have there Arthur. Beautiful Ghosts Sid....
    Good times for sure. Can't wait for the pics of the Big Girls in Part 2.........
    I still gotta get you out on the S.W.A.T. Assault Vessel one of these days bro. We just need to drug you up big time first, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Arthur when you drove up Sunday morning, in the super stealth assault vehicle I was shocked.
    Mike was kind enough not to call and wake me up. Tnx Yoda... I needed the rest big time...

Well, Mike in all his morning splendor, explained the program for the day and we were off.

After the Sat. Mikey and I had, we knew we were going into battle. The troops were called in and the attack was on. Big Gear or go home was the order of the day.
    Your not kidding when you said it was fun fishing close to the other boats and yelling hook up and "Salmon" Yea I heard it!!!!!

Well I will close by saying it was a blast and Congrats to you, Jerry and Mikey.

FYI- I have posted Sat. events in the Saltwater section as well as our part of Sunday. So click on over in to see and read even more of the Epic weekend.

WWO
    Salmon!!! I said it loud enough so you could hear Bill, lol.
    When I pulled up Sunday morning and you looked at me, I saw the glazed look in your eyes... took you a few seconds to realize that it was me.
    Let's wish our S.W.A.T. kayak crew luck up there this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi Ya Wingnut,

First of all my friend..... "CONGRATULATIONS"! When you get even......YOU REALLY GET EVEN!!

What an awesome report Arthur! You had me smiling during the entire read!

It was so much fun for me to read about the adventure that you shared with Mikey, Bill, Jerry and George!
    Definitely...good friends sharing good times!

Now......THAT'S ONE MONSTROUS WHITE SEA BASS! I'll bet the "Iron Chef" has BIG plans for that bounty of yours.....eh!! HMMM!

Arthur.....thanx for the fantastic read with pic's and also the PRE-POST text!

SP Dan <"))><

PS......Luv'd the trailer Sid! Maybe ....you should start thinking .....lavender/pink ....ha ha ha ....just a thought!
    Thanks Dan... revenge is SWEET!
    As for how the Iron Chef prepared the bounty, there wasn't much of a bounty left after we took care of some friends and family. We had one nice filet left for us...
    I was in the mood for simple fish tacos so that's what I got. The fresh fried Calamari was delicious, I'll post up some pics later.
    Hope you've had some good luck in the surf lately my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
    Nice read. Thanks for the report WN and keep up the great work
    Thank Rithy.

Quote Originally Posted by ToadsToadsOnly View Post
    What an insane day fishing the Tankers guys when Arthur! Congratulations on the seabass guys! When I received your text message that the guys had 6 on the boat on Saturday I was in La Jolla on my Kayak chasing the exotics which I spent 7:30 am to 10:30pm on the water trying to target the exotics for the for a big skunkaroo no fish were hanging on the LJ squid. I was actually thinking of packing up and heading up north to continue my mission but with 2 hours of sleep the night prior, 15 hours + on the water, a 4 1/2 hour drive round trip solo my brain and body was fried. I am going to have to call in sick from work this Friday to get out there before the fish disappears.
    Thanks Jonathan, the word is that the Squid seiners came in last night and took a few tons... Hopefully, they will still be there for you guy tomorrow, good luck bro. Keep me update!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    I can hear Vin Scully now..."Arthur has really had a run of bad luck lately with the long ball. Here's the 0-2 pitch...and it's a deep drive to straight away centerfield, a WAY back, and this ball is GONE!"

Holy poltergeists Batman! What a beast Arthur! Congratulations! And way to go Mikey getting those guys on fish. Sounds like you guys had your hands full out there. I know guys have used balloons on those suspended fish down in La Jolla but the bobbers might be a little more stealthy. I've been waiting to hear this story since I got your text yesterday. Not sure if you're into wearing jewelry Arthur, but you can have that headstone polished and made into a charm and hung from a chain. It really looks awesome after it's polished and they can use a clasp/holder to attach to the stone so they won't have to drill into it. Most jewelers should know how.

Great job on getting your ghosts Sid. You may not have got the most or the biggest, but it's always nice to score!

Congrats to all you guys!
    Don

PS - Looks like that soupfin is shouting some parting obscenities at you guys!
    Yeah Don, when I lost the first two in quick succession, I was like here we go, getting smoked again...
    Felt good to finally put one of these brutes on the deck.
    I got those WSB stones sitting on the desk in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by FishNFurious View Post
    Holy crap, that white sea bass is huge.
    Phuong was telling me about at work this morning. His family and mine camped out at lake San Antonio for 3 days over the 4th of July and didn't catch a dam thing. Can't wait to see some food pics from the iron chef.
    Vince, I heard about the tough fishing out at Lake Santonio. No fish and a broken down boat.
    At least family time was good and everybody made it home safely.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur, I'm gonna tell you right now that next time you plan on being in the town I grew up in you had better give me a call buddy!

After hearing about the trip Bill had with Mikey and then seeing the pictures of some very nice fish I knew you all were going to score well this weekend. Very nice catch and now I know you are going to tease everyone with pictures of the meal the Iron Chef makes out of it.

Sid, I saw the pics of you and your son with some beautiful WSB of your own! That is way too cool to have such a great day and share it with him.
    Lol, we go to Westminster maybe once every couple of month Terry. Will definitely give you a call when we're in the area.
    As for the meal, there was just enough for a meal left over after we took care of friends and family. We had one nice filet left for us...
    I was in the mood for simple fish tacos so that's what I got. The fresh fried Calamari was delicious, I'll post up some pics later.
    Enjoy the weekend with the wife & daughter my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Glad you got your PB ghost with me Arthur! That fish may take awhile to upgrade, but I like your chances. We started out the day venturing to our destination with Arthur stating "you know Mikey, it was 2 years ago to the day that or founder Dana passed away". I thought to myself, how fitting would it be for Arthur to conquer a beast WSB today! Arthur hasn't been in a good squid bite before, and he probably had more fun catching those then anything, but I kept him occupied while we waited out the bite. Since only a few of my close friends knew about where we were, we were cheering everyone on when they got bit, and all of us caught quality fish on this day. One of my other friends called after finishing up boat chores, and said "Thanks for giving me the best day of fishing I've ever had with my son" . I know Lynn and family will be enjoying these delicious fish for weeks to come, and maybe, just maybe, my surf fishing buddy will be back for more stories soon. He still wants that big flat one, and I'll do my best to help make that happen. In the meantime, its respool reels with new line, replace terminal tackle lost, and reorganize my tackle box. I'm out. Mikey
    Mikey, one down and one to go to complete my 40/40 goal. I wanted a 40 lbs WSB and a 40 lbs Halibut.
    You know I got such a kick catching all those Squid on the sabiki, i could have done that all day.

Thanks again for thinking of me and making that call Saturday night. Your thoughtfulness is only one of the many qualities that you have in common with the Godfather 57 and is why I look up to you.
    Until the next monster we put on the deck... God speed.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Mikey, I could tell arthur was excited just from reading the text he sent me.

You have awesome skills! and I had to laugh about the part where you handed the gaff over to Arthur to seal the deal. Very Cool.
    When Mikey handed me that gaff, my heart skipped a beat, lol But I know why he did it. Mikey is always teaching us and wanting us to experience new things, especially in the heat of the moment. So we will be ready for anything for anything. Just like a Eagle who pushes his young out of the nest for the first flight, right Bill?

Quote Originally Posted by saltman View Post
    Arthur

I am glad to see you and get our GHOST in the boat that the way to do it my friend Congrat to all.
    Saltman.
    Thanks Ramiro, your WSB was a beauty too buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Awesome Report(s)! Nice to see some white sea bass redemption for all the great whites that have been lost in the surf this season. I anticipate there will be plenty more to come in the weeks/ months ahead. When they make the mistake of moving in to striking range Yoda (Mikey) will find them. Well done boys.. Oh yeah and to answer Arthur's question if the fish in the picture was a calico it's actually its a Johnny Bass.. I believe the official name is olive rock fish. Anyways it looks like you had a fantastic morning on the water and managed to catch some big fish. What better time to go back out there and catch more big fish...

JerryG
    Yeah brother Jerry, a little redemption for us all.
    Thanks for the fish ID, we caught some really cool species out there.
    Hope to fish with you again soon my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    wow...that's a big *** WSB.
    Arthur, congrats on the beautiful catch brotha!
    Glad to see the Northern S.W.A.T chapter nailing the quality fish.
    Mikey, that knife you got there aint no joke buddy! lol.
    Keep at it guys :D
    Thanks Frank, felt good to put down a high ranking enemy officer.
    Knife...? That's a machete, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nhatster View Post
    Thanks for the fish brotha, can't believe how thick those filets are.
    Good times with good friends, Dana is looking down and smiling.
    Glad you guys enjoyed it bro, good times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by troublehook View Post
    Holy moly commander, that is a beast of a white sea bass.
    I'm glad that you hit one out of the park after 2 strikes.
    Binh and I struck out at the Castaic night fishing Saturday night.
    I'm glad that I connected with one at least. I would have been totally bummed if I had missed all three.
    Yeah, I heard that the night event at Castaic didn't pan out too well... maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Ghost busters!!!
    Thanks for bringing over the White Sea Bass filets and squid Art. I couldn't believe how big those WSB steaks were.
    We battered and fried up the squid and they were fantastic. You made our family very happy bro.
    Mikey is truly Yoda, the force is strong with him. Thanks again for sharing your catch my friend. I'll be camping out at Lake Isabella this weekend, but next weekend, let's take the boat out again.
    No problem brother Binh. I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the feast.
    Good luck at Lake Isabella this weekend, lots of Crappies there.

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    Wow!!! Those are some big ghosts guys!! Im so curious to see how strong one of those are :D. One day!

Congrats on those catches guys and good luck AGAIN next time :)

Thien
    Thanks Thien, I'm sure you will experience a monster WSB one of these days.
    Hope you're finding some time to hit the surf now & then...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    Very impressed with those quality of fish seems like they are on the chew like no other from local water to the channel islands. I think it's time for me to slay away. Thanks for the great report and pics I had to come aboard and reply :)!!
    Wow, Lucas came out from hiding to reply to my thread. I heard that you've been killing it out there on your new kayak lately in MDR. S.W.A.T. knows everything...
    Come out and fish with us soon Pirate!

Quote Originally Posted by frankjz View Post
    Everyone has said what is in my mind to say...just unbelievable! What an enjoyable report, and a heartwarming sight to see that our increasingly pressured oceans still have such wondrous creatures out there! Thanks very much.
    Thank you Frank, I hope you will get the chance to tangle with one of these monsters someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Congrats Arthur on the toad WSB! The one man show is what makes it all the more impressive! If you have the time please post some pics of Iron Chef's handy work on those croaker filets.
    Thank man...
    I'll post up some food pics later, but we all know what fish tacos looks like.
    I actually enjoyed the fried Calamari the most.

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Congratulation for your PB Ghost. 52", that is really huge. You got your revenge for sure. And a year stock of fish meat.
    Great report as always.
    Thanks Albert. After I took care of a few family & friends, I had enough for a decent meal.
    Hope to see you out there sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    No doubt Mikey is the Fishing Yoda.
    Thanks for dropping by the WSB fillets Art, our family will definitely enjoy them.
    That is one huge Croaker, congrats my friend, you certainly exact deadly revenge on the Ghost enemy.
    I wish i could have seen the look on your face when Mikey handed you that gaff and made you gaff your own fish, priceless.
    I will see you next weekend, I can't believe that we're finally going to fish together. It's been over a year.

I got the memo from SWAT Central Command last night, looking forward to seeing everybody at the upcoming Hunting Giants 4 Surf Fishing Event! Long live the spirit of 57.
    Mikey is da Man! Hope you guys enjoyed the fish Phuong.
    I probably had a shocked expression on my face when mikey handed me that gaff, lol It all happened so quickly... glad everything worked out.
    Yes, hopefully everything goes as planned and we can fish together next weekend, finally!
    Last edited by Wingnut; 07-13-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Adding replies...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast