Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 7-8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Skinner 7-8

First boat on the water and made a bee-line for the inlet. Claimed "THE" bouy for a change. First cast and fish on. Great! Hit three very quickly and then it slowed down. I promised myself some experimental time with the downrig so I departed and started a troll. I saw a number of boils out in open water that came and went pretty fast before I could get to them. Found some LMB in 20-30 ft of water. Tried dropshot with no takers so I threw out the old Senko and let it drop slowly weightless and that was the ticket. Had some nice models. No big numbers, just 4 or 5 but 3 stripers and 4 LMB by 10:30 and I was good to go. On the ramp by 11:00 and homeward.

I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks which means fishing my butt off. Instead of new threads I'll just update this one if anything like regular striper boils develope.

Tight lines guys!

Tuesday carbon copy of day 1. four stripers early then some LMB later. I'm convinced the LMB bite is 25-30ft. right now. In those areas where I could sight fish (2-12 ft.) they wanted nothing to do with my offerings. Went deeper and found takers.

Speaking of takers.... there is a striper running around with my favorite Lucky Craft stuck to his face. Let me know if you find it.

Cool deal Pat. Thanks for the update. 3 more weeks and this arm cast comes off and Mr. Stripey will be in trouble. Going to try to see how well I can cast at Perris on Friday or will end up doing some boating for the kids if it doesn't work out.

Thanks for the update! I've been trying to head out there with my new rig but family medical issues are my priority right now. Hope to see you out there sometime during next week.

Cool. Did you get the Z7? Hope you got a decent price for the PT175. Got a doctor's appointment for tomorrow but I'll be there Thursday and Friday. I think I'll skip the weekend crowd. BTW As I was motoring to the inlet this morning I was thinking how great it is to be there on a weekday. Soooo peaceful. Got to the inlet and some clown was motoring around inside the whitewater casting his lure around!!!! I gave him the universal WTF? sign and he said "Oh, am I in the way?" I told him it was totally illegal and YES he was in the way. And this was NOT a rental boat! Anyway I won't recognize your new rig so give me a wave when you are there.

I'm so jealous, 2 weeks of fishing? You're killin me. At least you're going to really dial that place in for the summer season. Sorry to hear about your LC, those things ain't cheap!
    That must've been something seeing some idiot motoring around in the white water, must have thought nobody would nail him. Sounds like a news story waiting to happen...
    Any luck on the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Cool. Did you get the Z7? Hope you got a decent price for the PT175. Got a doctor's appointment for tomorrow but I'll be there Thursday and Friday. I think I'll skip the weekend crowd. BTW As I was motoring to the inlet this morning I was thinking how great it is to be there on a weekday. Soooo peaceful. Got to the inlet and some clown was motoring around inside the whitewater casting his lure around!!!! I gave him the universal WTF? sign and he said "Oh, am I in the way?" I told him it was totally illegal and YES he was in the way. And this was NOT a rental boat! Anyway I won't recognize your new rig so give me a wave when you are there.
    No I ended up getting a black and blue 05 ranger with like 30 hours on it. As for the pt175 I was able to get my full asking price on it, some guy from Modesto drove down and picked it up right away.

A few years back when I was at skinner there was a center console boat that was doing 35mph for like 30 minutes around the lake. I gave him the same universal wtf look lol.

Hope to see you out there soon.