Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Epic San Antonio Trip

Default Epic San Antonio Trip

Last night I took my cousin to San Antonio to pull an all nighter we started off fishing bass and caught a few small mouth, as the sun set we found a tree that had a school of crappie in it and pulled five out. When it got dark we anchored and began a steady pic of catfish. About 4:30 I hooked a big striper that I got to the boat twice before it wrapped me on the bottom and broke off. This morning we had to be off the water by nine and the bite was slow by seven so we decided to cruz around. I saw a bunch of gribs on the water so i headed over to see what was going on. As we got close the fish finder filled up with fish and there was a splah hear and there a few munitues later we found ourselves in the middle of a huge boil. My cousin hooked a large small mouth right off the bat. There were stripers and small mouth boiling all over the place. I threw the box at them but they were only eating the small glass minnows. Finally I got ahead of about a hundred boiling stripers and tossed a 2 1/2inch x-wrap and was crushed by an eight pounder the fish continued to boil off and on till 9:15 when we left them boiling. At one point there were stripers on top all around us and they would not strike anything. Anyways the stripers were the icing on the cake for a pretty sweat trip. I have fished San Antonio 7 times in the past 3 weeks and the striper bite is not consistent but getting better.

Great job taylor!

Love those s/tone boils the best,,,,,,,Great report,,,thanks!

TRAIL BLAZER

Sounds like a great trip.
    What area were the stripers boiling at?

They were over by the slide

Epic Report!

That's a trip you'll remember.

Thank you for letting us know.

Great report! Where exactly is the slide? Did you get any pics?

I do have pics but I don't have a counter right now and I don't know how to load them with my phone.