Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Finally my first striper on lures

Default Finally my first striper on lures

Went to the aqueduct Monday after work about 5:00 pm and started fishing the are and suddenly hook one on a swimbait , he took off down flow and came back up tried to catch up but lost it just saw enough to now it was at least 24" to 27" . Well I continued and hook a 20" on a fluke and an 18" on a lucky craft lure . Went back Tuesday evening and first 2 cast landed two 18" stripers not bad for a 2 days of fishing, not the big stripers I see people catching but that's a start for me .http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...8/4221f82c.jpg. http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...8/e23d714d.jpg
    Last edited by Salc28; 07-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.

nice going!
    don't feel bad, the majority of the fish i've seen lately have been pretty small. not sure where the larger models are, but in a couple years, these guys will be good sized.
    congrats on the multiple fish days at the duct!
    LL

Great job out there. I agree with LL, anytime you get multiple duct fish days, you've had a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Salc28 View Post
    Went to the aqueduct Monday after work about 5:00 pm and started fishing the are and suddenly hook one on a swimbait , he took off down flow and came back up tried to catch up but lost it just saw enough to now it was ate least 24" to 27" . Well I continued and hook a 20" on a fluke and an 18" on a lucky craft lure . Went back Tuesday evening and first 2 cast landed two 18" stripers not bad for a 2 days of fishing, not the big stripers I see people catching but that's a start for me .������
    Those sound like huge fish to me, and that duct fishing is a whole 'nother world of challenges. Very impressive. Thanks for the story.

Nice ,,,,,,,,,thanks for the report,,,,,,,,,,,,a bigger one is just around the corner for ya,

T/B