Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Am I An A-hole???

you have every right not to take someone else's kids fishing/camping. you're not an *******. Tell their daddy's to take them. I have alot of kids come up to me when i'm fishing and ask alot of questions and i'm patient for a bit but then i just want to be left alone. If their daddy's dont fish they should enroll them in a camp or school to learn. :)

if you do end up taking them, one thing i learned is that I teach people how to fish, I don't do it for them.

For example, tying hooks, i teach them once, maybe twice and after that they are on their own. I show them where to supplies are and expect them to do it. I've never had an issue.

Make it clear from the beginning that i'll show you so you know how to do it.

Sounds like the ladies need to go and get their own power tools and learn how to use them.
    I'm confident Home Depot or Lowes will have what they need.
    Using the drill, I just put up my Pirahana Fishing Pole holders, took off some shelves, moved some paint holders, AND installed new curtain rods- had to use toggle bolts.

Least then can do is make you a NICE steak dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    Sounds like the ladies need to go and get their own power tools and learn how to use them.
    Using the drill, I just put up my Pirahana Fishing Pole holders, took off some shelves, moved some paint holders, AND installed new curtain rods- had to use toggle bolts.

Good one Karyn, My wife is awesome with stuff like that and works hard right along with me. We restored a mobile home together last year and are now renting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post

Howdy,
    One year I gave my sister a nice cordless drill for her birthday and she said it was one of the best gifts she ever got.
    Right behind the diamond earings I gave her one year. ; )
    Robert
    <><

sorry for threadjack

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Howdy,
    One year I gave my sister a nice cordless drill for her birthday and she said it was one of the best gifts she ever got.
    Right behind the diamond earings I gave her one year. ; )
    Robert
    <><

sorry for threadjack
    I'm with your sister! I love my drill! (And my diamond earrings!) Next year, get her a bit set with holders and a few of those screw driver ends things that go into the drill. My kids got that for me for mothers day and I have already used a few times along with the robo grips they gave me. :) great gifts!

I burned the old drill out when I was stripping the green paint out of my Valco :(

If you aren't into it, don't take them fishing, don't hang their mirrors, don't associate with them, etc.. It's your life.

The a-hole thing would be to take them fishing, camping, and then resent it.

That said, many of our best fishing trips have been taking some green kiddos and their dads out for their first fishing trip...

...but yeah, you should probably just stay away from kids and wives period. Maybe think about moving out of H Woo too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456