Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First time fly fishing spot?

Default First time fly fishing spot?

Hi everybody,
    I was wondering where a good location would be for me to try fly fishing for the first time, any suggestions?

Well, if it's your first time, I really recommend trying out a local city pond, rather than venturing into a stream with fly eating shrubbery and tippet eating bushes behind you.

Depending on where you live, there should be a local city pond near you. That way you can practice casting, which is probably the first thing you need to get down pat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dark "Keep Everything I Catch" Shadow
    Brigadier Sergeant at Arms
    BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!

What DS said. Better deal even is to take a free fly casting clinic from one of the many fly fishing clubs in the southland. There's an old saying, "Perfect practice makes perfect casts" or something like that. Better to learn the correct way to cast then have to relearn the correct technique after the fact. You could also ask someone here who fly fishes to accompany you and give you the basics.

If you're by the Lake Gregory area that'd be a good place to start.

Great thanx guys

Puddingstone is great for panfish on the fly.