Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anyone been to Canyon Lake?

Default Anyone been to Canyon Lake?

Planning to go camping this weekend with a buddy who has a friend who lives in the Canyon Lake community. They have a pretty big lake only open to the community and thier friends and family. From what I've heard bass and catfish fishing is pretty good. Anyone had the opertunity to fish there?

I am going next Tuesday with a friend who lives there. You have to be a guest of an owner and must stay within 100 feet of them. We float tube up and down the fingers. Casting along docks, against walls, casting into rocks near the beaches, etc. Be sure to make your retrieve extremely slow with twitches & stops frequently. My friend went Wed & ended up with 14 from 1-4 lbs. He has caught LMBs up to 8 lbs. in the past. It is great without having to deal with a lot of bank fishermen, jetskiers, boaters etc in the fingers. Best of luck to you when you go. Have a great time & keep tight lines.

3. Default

It's rather murky, at least it was the last few times I've been.

Some very solid fishing opportunities, including good crappie fishing. Throw the bluegills back, they taste really muddy, more so than Perris. Crappie tasted great :)