Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare

If the fishing information on this site was as ill-informed as the political comments, this fishing network would have ceased to exist years ago.

For those who want the real facts so you can make an intelligent, informed opinion on your own without resort to ridiculous racial and/or religious resentment, read this from the Annenberg Institute:

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/how-muc...obamacare-tax/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear Legal Eagle View Post
    If the fishing information on this site was as ill-informed as the political comments, this fishing network would have ceased to exist years ago.

For those who want the real facts so you can make an intelligent, informed opinion on your own without resort to ridiculous racial and/or religious resentment, read this from the Annenberg Institute:

http://factcheck.org/2012/06/how-muc...obamacare-tax/
    Ahmen. BBLE.

One question - for anyone - how does a tax on those without health insurance move the country toward the end of affordable health care (coverage.)

...this should be good ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear Legal Eagle View Post

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Ahmen. BBLE.
    BTW, we've reviewed your application for the Bucket Brigade and we still have some details to work out, including your background check that showed you're a FLY fisherman.

Catch and Release? Our crew only releases 'em into the frying pan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dark "Keep Everything I Catch" Shadow
    Brigadier Sergeant at Arms
    BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 06-29-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Ouch.

BTW, we've reviewed your application for the Bucket Brigade and we still have some details to work out, including your background check that showed you're a FLY fisherman.

Catch and Release? Our crew only releases 'em into the frying pan.
    I'm sensing a tone here... and I think you are digressing from the main point of this thread which is the articulate expression of viewpoints and the respectful discussion of differing opinions.

Ahmen. BBLE.

One question - for anyone - how does a tax on those without health insurance move the country toward the end of affordable health care (coverage.)

...this should be good ;)
    My dear CiudadPadre, how does requiring me to pay for automobile insurance coverage make that coverage more affordable? (Answer for you remedial students out there: By making the person at-fault in an accident financially accountable, thereby preventing the person not at-fault from having to bear the financial burden of such an accident, and thus reducing his premiums.)

Almost to a person, my family members and friends who are opposed to this law have a great deal of enmity for President Obama, and it has clouded any sort of rational exchange with them on the subject. My question to them is this: why do you continue to carry the torch for politicians who do not have the average citizen's best interests at heart? Who are nothing more than puppets of an industry (which has remained surprisingly quiet in spite of the ramifications of this law) which is elbow-deep up their backsides?

I'm sensing a tone here... and I think you are digressing from the main point of this thread which is the articulate expression of viewpoints and the respectful discussion of differing opinions.
    Well, as my grandaddy used to say, "You can't play ice hockey in a swimming pool."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.bucketbrigadeer.com
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 06-29-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Lady Q, I love your questions and BOTH parties will never respond with a straight answer. As for Obamacare, it will fail like SS and all the federal programs that sound good and were created with good intentions because the corrupt Congress is running it. Drive up the 99 or 5 to the north to see a corrupt and sorry congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    My dear CiudadPadre, how does requiring me to pay for automobile insurance coverage make that coverage more affordable? (Answer for you remedial students out there: By making the person at-fault in an accident financially accountable, thereby preventing the person not at-fault from having to bear the financial burden of such an accident, and thus reducing his premiums.)

Almost to a person, my family members and friends who are opposed to this law have a great deal of enmity for President Obama, and it has clouded any sort of rational exchange with them on the subject. My question to them is this: why do you continue to carry the torch for politicians who do not have the average citizen's best interests at heart? Who are nothing more than puppets of an industry (which has remained surprisingly quiet in spite of the ramifications of this law) which is elbow-deep up their backsides?
    Well, I was hoping for a rant about how the proceeds from the tax levied on non-holders of healthcare insurance will be funneled to support Islamic extremists... but I guess your explanation makes sense too... darn it.
    Last edited by City Dad; 06-29-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Well, I was hoping for a rant about how the proceeds from the tax levied on non-holders of healthcare insurance will be funneled to support Islamic extremists...
    Hey hey, no need to drag Tea Party politics into this discussion.

www.bucketbrigadeer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Capt. Skyler "5 Rods" McConahy
    Brigadier General
    "5 Rods" LMFAO! Hilarious!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast