Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 6-26 the bite is wfo!!!!

Default Dvl 6-26 the bite is wfo!!!!

Headed out to DVL today with Brian for a day of hammering the bass..
    Got on the lake when they opened and headed out for some topwater action.. within minutes we had a 3 1/2 lber in the boat on topwater...then spent the next 20 mintutes trying to duplicate it...With bluebird skies and no wind it quickly became apparent that the topwater bite was done unless the wind kicked up..
    So we went worming ...... and the bite was pretty epic as we had about 40 bass for the day including 4 more bass we caught on the topwater when the breeze kicked up...
    We caught bass in 5-40 ft of water...

Big bass of the day was a 7 lber caught by Brian..It was actually right at 7 lbs NICE!!! I had four bass between 5-6 lbs myself..with more in the 3-4 lb class Brians other biggest were 4 1/2 lbs and a few 3 1/2- 4lbers.. Great day on the lake....
    I think Brian also had the smallest bass of the day with one about 7 inches long, 1/2 lber...hahaha.

KEY...... Regardless of what technique youre throwing...SEARCH FOR WIND AND THE BITE WILL BE GOOD.

The west side of the lake had a light to moderate algae bloom happening again but it didnt hurt the bite....The East end of the lake is crystal clear and needed wind more then the west side...
    Another KEY... if your not getting bit...MOVE!!! Because the bite is really good. So if you go a few hundred yards with out getting bit MAKE A MOVE!! The bass are schooled.. when you catch one youll usually catch 3-4..or more..

Here is a pic of Brian with his good one... The pic doesnt do this bass justice...this thing was FAT. It looked like it just swallowed a rock!!

The bite at DVL is great guys... Im on a few really solid patterns that are producing big numbers AND also some really nice size bass...
    If you want a trip pm me or call me...Im gonna only be at DVL for a few more weeks because Ill be spending the rest of the summer hammering the bass at Perris...

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909)510-5679

As always people, save those pennies and go fishing with Pete. I have done so and you will not be sorry. If its DVL or Perris and you want to catch bass and learn his approaches, you will finish your trip with a big smile, a few pics and more knowledge then when you started the day. Pete is the man when it comes to catching and learning about those green little meanies!! Good Luck Pete in the upcoming Tourney at DVL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Headed out to DVL today with Brian for a day of hammering the bass..
    Got on the lake when they opened and headed out for some topwater action.. within minutes we had a 3 1/2 lber in the boat on topwater...then spent the next 20 mintutes trying to duplicate it...With bluebird skies and no wind it quickly became apparent that the topwater bite was done unless the wind kicked up..
    So we went worming ...... and the bite was pretty epic as we had about 40 bass for the day including 4 more bass we caught on the topwater when the breeze kicked up...
    We caught bass in 5-40 ft of water...

Big bass of the day was a 7 lber caught by Brian..It was actually right at 7 lbs NICE!!! I had four bass between 5-6 lbs myself..with more in the 3-4 lb class Brians other biggest were 4 1/2 lbs and a few 3 1/2- 4lbers.. Great day on the lake....
    I think Brian also had the smallest bass of the day with one about 7 inches long, 1/2 lber...hahaha.

KEY...... Regardless of what technique youre throwing...SEARCH FOR WIND AND THE BITE WILL BE GOOD.

The west side of the lake had a light to moderate algae bloom happening again but it didnt hurt the bite....The East end of the lake is crystal clear and needed wind more then the west side...
    Another KEY... if your not getting bit...MOVE!!! Because the bite is really good. So if you go a few hundred yards with out getting bit MAKE A MOVE!! The bass are schooled.. when you catch one youll usually catch 3-4..or more..

Here is a pic of Brian with his good one... The pic doesnt do this bass justice...this thing was FAT. It looked like it just swallowed a rock!!

The bite at DVL is great guys... Im on a few really solid patterns that are producing big numbers AND also some really nice size bass...
    If you want a trip pm me or call me...Im gonna only be at DVL for a few more weeks because Ill be spending the rest of the summer hammering the bass at Perris...

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909)510-5679

Pete,

Thanks for the report! I hope to land on some "schools" this summer. Keep up the good fishing.

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Trust me when I tell you that Pete will put you on fish....even his 5 year old daughter catches them at DVL....lol. She can also throw a 8" swim-bait on a princess pole like its nobody's business but that's a whole other story....hahaha

She was chucking that Swimbait on her Princess rod in the yard that day...Totally messed up Barrys swimbait...hahhahahahahahahahahahah

Just talked to Pete on his completion of the ABA Tourney he fished this last Sat at DVL and while he and Kevin Gross took 7th place, he grabbed enough points overall in the tourney season to place as the ABA Diamond Valley Region Angler of the Year Champion. He posted finishes this season of (3) 4th places and one 6th and one 7th place to grab enough points to get this elite award. These tourney placings are also why he was named this year as one of the Top 40 Bass Anglers in the State!!
    Below are the ABA Series points and winner and as I told you before, if you want to catch fish and learn important bass fishing techniques really fast, you have to spend a day w/ Pete on the water. Well worth you time, money and effort to come up the learning curve and gain valuable knowledge fast!!

American Bass Regional Points Report
    Region: Diamond Valley
    Season Year: 2012
    Last Update: 7/7/2012

Place Team Name Total Points Team Category
    1 Pete Marino & Kevin Gross 530 Adult/Adult
    2 Rick Grover & Kyle Grover 518 Adult/Adult
    3 Joshua A Tillema & Garrett Howard 517 Adult/Adult
    4 Harry Jioras & Kurt Hodges 507 Adult/Adult
    5 Tony Lain & Ricky Shabazz 505 Adult/Adult
    Last edited by karalm; 07-09-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalm View Post
    Just talked to Pete on his completion of the ABA Tourney he fished this last Sat at DVL and while he and Kevin Gross took 7th place, he grabbed enough points overall in the tourney season to place as the ABA Diamond Valley Region Angler of the Year Champion. He posted finishes this season of (3) 4th places and one 6th and one 7th place to grab enough points to get this elite award. These tourney placings are also why he was named this year as one of the Top 40 Bass Anglers in the State!!
    Below are the ABA Series points and winner and as I told you before, if you want to catch fish and learn important bass fishing techniques really fast, you have to spend a day w/ Pete on the water. Well worth you time, money and effort to come up the learning curve and gain valuable knowledge fast!!

American Bass Regional Points Report
    Region: Diamond Valley
    Season Year: 2012
    Last Update: 7/7/2012

Place Team Name Total Points Team Category
    1 Pete Marino & Kevin Gross 530 Adult/Adult
    2 Rick Grover & Kyle Grover 518 Adult/Adult
    3 Joshua A Tillema & Garrett Howard 517 Adult/Adult
    4 Harry Jioras & Kurt Hodges 507 Adult/Adult
    5 Tony Lain & Ricky Shabazz 505 Adult/Adult
    Big congrats to Pete and Kevin!

Note to Pete, apologies are in order for not saying hello to you last Friday at DVL. We passed you at the West Dam. We were in the Stratos. I was having one of those days to forget while my partner was just killin em. I only glanced at the boat out of the corner of my eye, and after having passed him earlier, I just assumed it was that "other yellow Skeeter". Kudos to you and your partner Pete, a well deserved title indeed. One of these days when funds are little "looser", I am going to hire you to school me. Kinda feel like I'm at a block wall and want to learn some new techniques. Anyways, good job out there...

No worries HawgZWylde ..No problem...But next time say "Hi"
    Saturday at the tournament we STRUGGLED... But I fished to get a limit and didnt fish for the win... The angler of the year meant most to me...and I almost let it go by fishing tight, scared and to defend my lead... Luckily it worked out.. I dedicated this season to going for the Angler of the Year title...I never really fished for wins (Although I wanted to win) I fished to fill limits and consistantly be up near the top and my finishes reflect that...4th 4th 4th 6th and 7th... Im greatful that it worked out...

Thanks KaralM for all the kind words I APPRECIATE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    No worries HawgZWylde ..No problem...But next time say "Hi"
    Saturday at the tournament we STRUGGLED... But I fished to get a limit and didnt fish for the win... The angler of the year meant most to me...and I almost let it go by fishing tight, scared and to defend my lead... Luckily it worked out.. I dedicated this season to going for the Angler of the Year title...I never really fished for wins (Although I wanted to win) I fished to fill limits and consistantly be up near the top and my finishes reflect that...4th 4th 4th 6th and 7th... Im greatful that it worked out...

Thanks KaralM for all the kind words I APPRECIATE IT!!!
    You accomplished your goal Pete, no small feat indeed. Kudos to you for hanging on to it! Once again, sorry. I will definitely say hi, actually, I'd be stoked to have a convo with ya. I've read a lot of your posts and you sound like a fun, cool dude. Next time bro...