Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dorado, white sea bass and yellow

Default Dorado, white sea bass and yellow

This is a late report; 3 weeks ago I was chasing dorado
    down in Mexico and last week fished Catalina with the homies
    the dorado bite was mainly to hook a dorado and leave it on the water
    and then cast the surface jigs, the fish was hooked on a Tady 45 surface jig, on 30 # c 21 p line
    Saltist reel and Terramar rod.

The White sea bass at Catalina, on the same line and reel
    but diferent rod a 7 ft 20-40 on the sliding egg 1/2 oz, no fluoro, white sea bass are not line shy.
    lots of calicos at the island and barracudas in the afternoon, also landed a yellowtail at Catalina on dead squid, slow dragged near the bottom

The fish are moving faster now, it was cut bait fishing
    or slow live bait like squid, but they are getting faster and chasing jigs
    as the water warms up

the summer is looking pretty good.
    tight lines all.
    Last edited by eddiefishtaco; 06-25-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Great report and pics Eddie. Nice Dodo.
    Yah, summertime too bad the water rolled San Pedro and was 59 today at Pt. Fermin.
    DR

Awesome catches,thanks muncho for report and positive outlook for this summer,I concur!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Great report and pics Eddie. Nice Dodo.
    Yah, summertime too bad the water rolled San Pedro and was 59 today at Pt. Fermin.
    DR
    Crazy cold today, the water gave me goose bumps but no fish from 7:30 -12

It is still hot out there, but you got to find them
    that is job #1, the Dreamer landed 24 wsb, the Mardiosa on the same day missed the wsb,
    but loaded on huge Calico bass. 1/2 oz yellow jig head w/ squid was the ticket.
    South of San diego is boiling w yellowtail, Pacific V landed 91 yellows
    I still think is going to be hot
    Last edited by eddiefishtaco; 07-04-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Im going to bahia in the end of august in search of dorado any other tips getting the panga to go out ...... how exactly fo you leep the fish in the water like you were saying

Quote Originally Posted by Hookinglimits View Post
    Im going to bahia in the end of august in search of dorado any other tips getting the panga to go out ...... how exactly fo you leep the fish in the water like you were saying
    The first dorado you hook always has the possibility of a school following it. Once you get that fish to the side of the boat, leave it in the water and put the rod in a holder. Once it's 'played' out, it'll just swim along side the boat without going ballistic. If that fish is just hanging there, the school will think there's a reason it's not moving on (feeding?) and stay with the boat...sometimes for an hour or more if you're lucky. The panguero will know what to do...they done it thousands of times. I've actually seen sailfish do the same thing...but I had to hold the damned rod in my hands for an hour while the captain and my friend baited the others...not exactly fun, but cool to watch. GOOD LUCK!

This is a little late Eddie, but great catch and report!!! Congrats!

Hi eddiefshtaco,

Nice bunch of .... probably already eaten ...... fish !! :)

JapanRon

Just spotted your report. What a great season you have had, that's a nice mix of fish.

Thanks for sharing

WWO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast