Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anyone fish Silver Lake in Barstow? Info needed

Default Anyone fish Silver Lake in Barstow? Info needed

So I have a good friend that has very minimal fishing experience. He moved out to Barstow a few months ago, and since there is nothing to do out there and the lake is close by, he picked up fishing. He says he's been going 2-3 times a week with no luck. So I decides to go out there next weekend to teach him some basics (tieing knots, bait selection, what gear to use, etc). I just want to make sure I can put him on some fish, so we can both have a good time. Anyone know what parts of the lake to focus on? Are they stocking anything? And what size fish does the lake hold (I just want to take 1 tackle box, not all 3)? Thank you in advance.

Silver lake is like a puddle. Get tiny hooks and try to get the smaller fish. The best action is the northern most point. I don't know if there's any fish in there this time of the year as the heat makes the lake smaller. I'm not kidding when I say puddle.

Quote Originally Posted by OCFishing420 View Post
    So I have a good friend that has very minimal fishing experience. He moved out to Barstow a few months ago, and since there is nothing to do out there and the lake is close by, he picked up fishing. He says he's been going 2-3 times a week with no luck. So I decides to go out there next weekend to teach him some basics (tieing knots, bait selection, what gear to use, etc). I just want to make sure I can put him on some fish, so we can both have a good time. Anyone know what parts of the lake to focus on? Are they stocking anything? And what size fish does the lake hold (I just want to take 1 tackle box, not all 3)? Thank you in advance.

Really? My buddy was saying its about 400 yards by 100 yards

Are you talking the Silver Lakes in Helendale???
    If so its private for residents and guests only!!

That's probably it. My buddy said its right outside his house, so he is a resident.

That's probably it. My buddy said its right outside his house, so he is a resident.
    Does he live in Helendale (south of Barstow on old rt 66)???

Ill re-send that PM.... :-)

He lives on lake view dr. It's outside his front door. I don't know how much more of a resident he could be haha

He lives on lake view dr. It's outside his front door. I don't know how much more of a resident he could be haha
    LOL.. Yep that runs around the North (larger) lake...