Fished Perris today. Got there early in the morning and went over and hit the submerged weed line along the shore. I started with a worm on Carolina rig for a few short strikes but nothing really committed to a solid strike. Tried the blue gill and red ear bite over near the north side of island where I
I had seen some fish on the fish finder earlier in the morning. Use red worm and some crickets and did not get any bites. I changed over to a small 1” grub in a smoke flake pattern and managed a few red ears. No fish that was worthy of a picture. But pan fish are still good to eat for sure. Went back to lmb fishing and used a creature bait and caught a few. Nothing big in size until I end the day with this,

It was 8lbs but for some reason it was skinny. I do not know if it was spawned out or just shaped weird. It might have weighed more if it had a fat belly. But, I will still take a fish like that anyday. I went the week prior and hit bass real quick with that same bait. After a fish like that I can’t wait to go next weekend.