Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 6/24

Default Perris 6/24

Fished Perris today. Got there early in the morning and went over and hit the submerged weed line along the shore. I started with a worm on Carolina rig for a few short strikes but nothing really committed to a solid strike. Tried the blue gill and red ear bite over near the north side of island where I
    I had seen some fish on the fish finder earlier in the morning. Use red worm and some crickets and did not get any bites. I changed over to a small 1” grub in a smoke flake pattern and managed a few red ears. No fish that was worthy of a picture. But pan fish are still good to eat for sure. Went back to lmb fishing and used a creature bait and caught a few. Nothing big in size until I end the day with this,

It was 8lbs but for some reason it was skinny. I do not know if it was spawned out or just shaped weird. It might have weighed more if it had a fat belly. But, I will still take a fish like that anyday. I went the week prior and hit bass real quick with that same bait. After a fish like that I can’t wait to go next weekend.

Congrats on the great fish! Did you texas rig the creature bait?

Quote Originally Posted by desertstorm View Post
    Congrats on the great fish! Did you texas rig the creature bait?
    Thanks! I actually used a 1/4 oz. stand up jig head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbite909 View Post
    Fished Perris today. Got there early in the morning and went over and hit the submerged weed line along the shore. I started with a worm on Carolina rig for a few short strikes but nothing really committed to a solid strike. Tried the blue gill and red ear bite over near the north side of island where I
    I had seen some fish on the fish finder earlier in the morning. Use red worm and some crickets and did not get any bites. I changed over to a small 1” grub in a smoke flake pattern and managed a few red ears. No fish that was worthy of a picture. But pan fish are still good to eat for sure. Went back to lmb fishing and used a creature bait and caught a few. Nothing big in size until I end the day with this,

It was 8lbs but for some reason it was skinny. I do not know if it was spawned out or just shaped weird. It might have weighed more if it had a fat belly. But, I will still take a fish like that anyday. I went the week prior and hit bass real quick with that same bait. After a fish like that I can’t wait to go next weekend.
    Awesome catch, way to go!

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Nice fish, but not another pic of a happy fisherman without a face! But I guess if you call out sick at work....

Very solid Largie! Congrats.....

Thanx for the pic and report!

Nice fish!!! Congrats.

Wtg...real nice fish

Thanks everyone! From the posts and people I have talk to on the lake, it seems that this year is going to be a good year for big bass at Perris from what I have heard and caught myself.
    Fishmounter, I do not have to worry about getting caught calling off sick because nobody fishes at my work. They don't check out the posts. But they should learn how to fish because they are way to uptight. I offer to take them and they don't go. Fishing will help them to chill out and relax for sure! I don't understand how people don't fish.

Yeah, I hear you. It's pretty frustrating to not have ANY of the couple dozen guys I work with like to fish. No one to talk fishing with!...