Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/24 lake closed / r.i.p

My prayers go out to the family....PEOPLE this is awake up call..The driver of the boat is in charge to make sure everyone on board has a life jacket period!(x2 for the people who cant swim). Not trying to be insensitive just don't want to hear of another family going though this......
    Last edited by Perris Bluegill Chaser; 06-25-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Very sad day indeed. R.I.P fellow anglers.

This just shows, remember to WEAR YOUR LIFE VEST AT ALL TIMES even if you are a great swimmer. Cramps happens to everyone. Be safe out there

Very sad story. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

Will be doing a safety check on the boat before my next trip.

this is very sad condolences to the family.im not trying to be mean but did the two people who drowned not know how to swim?

This is very very sad indeed. I hate to hear about anyone drowning, let alone such young lives. I also feel bad for the Irvine Lake staff just trying to operate a business and make sure everyone has a safe and fun time. But I often wondered how safe it is to be fishing at night from a boat. There just seems to be many hazards when out on the water in the dark. If these guys had been fishing during
    the day, I would have to believe other fisherman
    would have spotted the accident much sooner. I don't fish much at night but next time I do I will be more prepared (blowhorn, lights, pfd, etch.).
    Last edited by marinate; 06-25-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinate View Post
    This is very very sad indeed. I hate to hear about anyone drowning, let alone such young lives. I also feel bad for the Irvine Lake staff just trying to operate a business and make sure everyone has a safe and fun time. But I often wondered how safe it is to be fishing at night from a boat. There just seems to be many hazards when out on the water in the dark. If these guys had been fishing during
    the day, I would have to believe other fisherman
    would have spotted the accident much sooner. I don't fish much at night but next time I do I will be more prepared (blowhorn, lights, pfd, etch.).

Let me start by saying I am sorry for the loss to these men's Family and Friends,

This is a real tragedy my prayers go out for this family for some kind of comfort in this time of total disbelief. In Jesus Name. It really dosen't matter if day or night if you don't wear your life jacket, know how to swim, or put too many people in the boat (and we are not sure really what happened) are under some kind of substance or have been drinking, or just have a misfortune of someone standing and thing shuffuling one side to another accidents happen. A lot of people fish at night and I would venture to say 1000's and 1000's with nothing ever happening. I was night fishing on this same night with over 100 boats and not a problem with anyone. I have seen more people pulled out of the water during the day than ever at night. As for other fisherman seeing them maybe but alot of times when we fish we fish away from others so we will never know. Marinate did you see the size of the boat more of a factor than night time fishing, Irvine staff does a great of patroling, as well as all of the people helping keeping an eye out for each other if the patrol boat would have seen them over loaded (if this is what happened) with out a doubt they would have made them correct the situation. If you feel the way you said in your report then I hope you never fish at night because you are not ready my friend. All of the things that you listed you definately should have with you. This is why all lakes have a 5 mile an hour speed limit after dark "PERIOD"!

Just a tragedy and my prayers and thought go out to their familys and friends,

BD

Big Daddy Very well said next time I Am out by myself I will be wearing my PFDV.And My Prayers go out to the Familys of the anglers

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Big Daddy Very well said next time I Am out by myself I will be wearing my PFDV.And My Prayers go out to the Familys of the anglers
    I know you will as well as many of us, unfortunatly some of these things teach us our life lessons (the hard way albeit) and we will all tend to look after each other just a little bit more now. Sad just sad.

R.i.p and respect to the family....for those of you whom only reflect negativity!!!
    **** you...and take that **** somewhere else!!! Some of you have no right breathing the same air as the rest of us...

WOW! This is a tragic thing to happen. My condolences to the families.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast