Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anyone

Default Anyone

Fishing this today/weekend? Tube or shore?

I sent you a PM response.

ill be there tomorrow on a pontoon good luck out there

I went there today. Got there at 6:30pm (last minute decision). Rented a boat and headed to the Flats. My plan was to fish all the way back of the Flats and try for some bluegill and Crappie. As I get into the boat I ponder the thought of hitting the trees in Woody's Cove instead. I start her up and took a quick look over to Woody's. What the??? The trees are no longer submerged. Uh oh, let me head over to the Flats. I turn the corner of Trout Island and things just don't look right. Again, what the??? All but maybe 2 of the trees in the middle of the flats are submerged, the rest are up on the land. As I look further down, I no longer see the channel leading all the way back. Bummer, the water is way low. Didn't know that as the last time I went was in August of last year. So I just set up shop as far back as I could go near some old dock. Nothing. Oh well, once the sun was right about to go down, I headed over to Sierra Cove to do some catfishing. 5 boats around the 2 trees in the Flats was too much for me. And I didn't want to join the rest of the boats in Boat Dock cove. At Sierra Cove, there were 4 boats space out along the perimeter. So, I just parked the boat in the middle of the cove. Threw out a line with mackeral and Bite On Cajun. Was setting up the other line for the same, when the first pole went bendo. I grabbed it and started reeling. Pole was in a u shape and realized that my drag was too tight, so I loosened it. Line started peeling and went under the damn boat. I had both anchors out, and started freaking. But I didn't freak long, cuz the damn fish came unbuttoned. Honestly, I was bummed out like hell. However, I had this feeling that I may not have been able to handle it as my pole was a medium light with 10lb test. Who knows. Nothing after that. Asked the guy working the boat ramp if today was good, and he said no. He said only 2 boats had fish, one with a few, and the other with 7 very good size fish that were caught in the Flats. No too much shore action either.