Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carp haters check this out!!

Quote Originally Posted by luis montes View Post
    oh ok!! if you use dough balls there is no need to chumm then, you should be good, i thought you was fishing with corn
    I appreciate your going into detail about carp fishing, Luis. So, if you chumm, do you chumm the same bait you fish with, and if not, what do you throw down? Also, you told Bao that if he uses dough baits there is no need to chumm. Why is that?

WOW, NICE fish! 30 or better I would think. Those fish are so strong and so much fun on light tackle.
    "Green lip mussel boilies?" I'm thinking that sounds pretty tasty! Do you pretty much always use boilies?
    Thanks for sharing,

oh ok!! if you use dough balls there is no need to chumm then, you should be good, i thought you was fishing with corn
    Just tied up some hair rigs for my boilies. The dough bait is as small as the boilies,I don't see how chum wouldn't be necessary tho.

Hey Cartman, Bao13, if the dough breaks up in the water after a few minutes thats pretty much chumm, and if it doesn't break up that means the consistency of the dough is too hard to break up, and it won't leave a cloud of scent of the kind of flour you are using for the dough balls, but I don't use dough much, because carp can eat so much dough before they get tired of it and full of it, they have maybe just 2 or 3 tastes, but when you Chumm with different particles you keep them entertained around you hook bait until bammmmmm!! And wrestlefish I got your messege bro is a 10 4!

Yeah I always use boilies, that way smaller carp won't take it, and using can corn is a big pain in the @@s, like I say smaller ones will get to it before the big ones, so sometime what I do is make some sweetcorn boilies, you know what I mean?? Like making a giant corn pretty much. Ohhhh and I forgat who asked for the weight of the carp, it scaled at 36.08

36 lbs?! Damn! That's a monster! I just looked up making boilies and you put in some work to catch those monsters bro! Pretty damn impressive! I can't even imagine what kind of fight a fish that big would put up! Good job man!
    Take care and keep catching those beasts!
    Alex

Hey Cartman, Bao13, if the dough breaks up in the water after a few minutes thats pretty much chumm, and if it doesn't break up that means the consistency of the dough is too hard to break up, and it won't leave a cloud of scent of the kind of flour you are using for the dough balls, but I don't use dough much, because carp can eat so much dough before they get tired of it and full of it, they have maybe just 2 or 3 tastes, but when you Chumm with different particles you keep them entertained around you hook bait until bammmmmm!! And wrestlefish I got your messege bro is a 10 4!
    true. i ll try the combo with both dough and boilies.
    the dough bait ppl usually make is the sweet type. in my case i prefer those mussle or anchovie flavor ones.

Yeah bro, they put up a fight that you won't soon forget, and thanks man, I apreciated

Mussle ones are really good, but in my opinion anchovie will get you alot of catfish

Nice fish. Just hope the warden doesn't catch you chumming. That is a fine you definitely don't want.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast