Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: T/o -patrick afterworking for dan the slaying man

Default T/o -patrick afterworking for dan the slaying man

went up the hwy to work in bishop on tues and weds then thurs in bigpine. tues we went to the ccd fire camp across from pvr lower entrance up by the horton creek to work and dans home up in the state housing track .we got there to find deer and elk antlers all the the south side of the house in stacks and up in the trees,as soon as i saw them i knew i was at a hunters house we met dan talked then went to work.after putting in a good lick of work we we off for the pvr inlets to see what was up. from the second we got to water till we left about three hours later it was wide open . the browns were going after the bugs and the rainbows were mostly going after the pink and white power-rats we were jigging.i took some pics but not even close to what we caught,pat enjoyed some ice cold beers while i sat on my rock and jigged away. weds we got up early hit dans place for the second halff of the job, me and pat got to trade fishing secrets and spots with dan, dan loves fishing for the trout up there, he actually won the blake jones derby in 1996 with a 5lb alpers fish out of the river,we completed out work said are good byes to dan the hunter man and headed back to the inlet for our second round ,it was nearly as good as the day before ,i got a new pack of the power-rats at macs and some more bugs. there were not as many browns but the bows were thick as snot. pat worked on his tan and the coors-lite while i fished the white water , the sun started to set so it was time to got back to town and eat and shower and kick back and watch the boob-toob till we crashed out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

STAY OUTTA MY FISHING HOLE!!!! hahahaha.... Way to get ur slay on... have u been hitting up any other waters along the 395?? Ur "toad" hole usually yields a couple nice fish... Tight Lines and Full Tails

next week we have to up for one day at bigpine and two at independence ,we will hit other areas,patrick likes going up the big pine creek ,theres some nice holes that hold browns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,

great report Bob , cool looking antlers this guy has a collection for sure .

Pronghorns, 6 points, Browns, Bows, Elk, Brown bears......

Wow,,, I'm impressed..

I would "kill" to experiencing the hunt of those majestic animals. DAN IS THE MAN

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    next week we have to up for one day at bigpine and two at independence ,we will hit other areas,patrick likes going up the big pine creek ,theres some nice holes that hold browns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Sounds like fun.... good luck on the brownies.... i actually caught my pb bow outta big pine creek... wldnt be surprised if it was one of those holes

FSHNLIC BIG PINE CREEK EAST OF THE TOWN AND INDIAN RES HOLDS BIG FISH IF YOU CAN FIND THE SPOTS TO GET TO THE WATER,,,THE LOCALS HAVE BEEN TELLING ME SOUTH LAKE IS GOING OFF WITH BIG FISH, I MIGHT HAVE TO GO UP THE MOUNTAIN ONE OF THOSE AFTERNOONS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

DFG stocked south lake with over 200 10lb bows.........have fun