Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to find trout during summer...?

Quote Originally Posted by OCFishing420 View Post
    So a couple buddies and I are already bored with bait and wait cat fishing, and want to throw some plastics again. We plan on making a weekend trip somewhere the 3rd weekend of July, but not sure where to go... We were think big bear, but I wanted to see if others could recommend a good cold water trout lake. We're coming from OC, and don't want to travel too far (3 hours at most). Thanks in advance.
    irvine lake. we caught close to 50 trout last weekend. during the day

I haven't been to Hemet in years, but last I remember it was hot as hell out there. Is the water temps still going to be low enough in July?
    It's actually great weather I went 2 weeks ago and it was 36 degrees when we got there at 6 in the morning and warmed to about 70 by 1ish... it was hard to tell the water temp because it was warmer than the air temp most of the day

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    gregory lake
    +1 but release the browns!

When the summer rolls around, I switch tactics and target warm water fish.
    Right now it's all about the carp, but bass and bluegill are good bets as well.
    I won't be fly fishing for trout until about November.

So a couple buddies and I are already bored with bait and wait cat fishing, and want to throw some plastics again. We plan on making a weekend trip somewhere the 3rd weekend of July, but not sure where to go... We were think big bear, but I wanted to see if others could recommend a good cold water trout lake. We're coming from OC, and don't want to travel too far (3 hours at most). Thanks in advance.
    I always do great at helmet in the summer months trolling for easy limits. Lead core line running Thomas bouyants or needlefish.

If ur fishing from shore and wanna throw plastics your best bets or Gregory or Green Valley... Good Luck!

FORGET THE VINE GO TO WHERE THE WATERS ARE COLD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,read the fishhound reports they will tell you whats happening,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

San Bernardino county lakes are all stocking. Dunno how much further north you wanna go, but up north is trout country

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12