Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find trout during summer...?

Default Where to find trout during summer...?

So a couple buddies and I are already bored with bait and wait cat fishing, and want to throw some plastics again. We plan on making a weekend trip somewhere the 3rd weekend of July, but not sure where to go... We were think big bear, but I wanted to see if others could recommend a good cold water trout lake. We're coming from OC, and don't want to travel too far (3 hours at most). Thanks in advance.

BBL at night.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    BBL at night.
    I thought trout fishing at night was pointless... I made a few Ninja trips at night for trout this passed season and got skunked each time... I thought they don't move around/ feed at night? Either way though, we want to fish from dawn to dusk. Probably will be drinking/ already drunk by the time the sun goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by OCFishing420 View Post
    I thought trout fishing at night was pointless... I made a few Ninja trips at night for trout this passed season and got skunked each time... I thought they don't move around/ feed at night? Either way though, we want to fish from dawn to dusk. Probably will be drinking/ already drunk by the time the sun goes down.
    We used to fish at night there all the time during our vacations over the july 4th holiday. Fishing in july sucks there during the day. one place we fished was the north side of the dam with lighted slip bobbers fished down about 20' with yellow power bait. was so much fun. but they would be there one night and not the next. another place is some where close to the north shore landing there is an underwater spring. if that is running and you can find it, phenominal fishing. last time we fished it, there were about 20 or so angles fishing there, and when some one limited out or would leave you would move up the line closer to the dock where the spring was, and the bite would get better. trout feed mainly at night, so this is the best time to fish.

Thanks for the tips.

Anyone have any recommendations of another lake? Preferably somewhere near mountains/ snow melt? I'm also considering the kern river. If I do 90 the hole way I can probably make it there in 3-3.5 hours.

Hemet lake is pretty good right now... not huge trout but definitely a lot of them

I haven't been to Hemet in years, but last I remember it was hot as hell out there. Is the water temps still going to be low enough in July?

Green Valley lake right b4 big bear its a small lake but great fishing there and if fishing plastics u can C&R

gregory lake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast