Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fly fishing Gregory ballpark

Default Fly fishing Gregory ballpark

Sorry if I'm getting carried away with the posts. Last time I was at Lake Gregory by the ballpark, I didn't catch anything. The whole time though I was watching the fish jump up to eat the bugs at the surface. I also noticed that ballpark is really shallow, I waded way out there and I was only up to my waist. I am about to pick up fly fishing. I'm buying a 9ft 5wt rod soon...and I just can't help but feeling, after the last time I was there and what I saw, that if I was using a dry fly over there by the ballpark, maybe if I got there really early on a weekday so it wouldn't be so crowded, that it would produce some freakin fish. Anybody tried that over by that area with any luck?

That lagoon is good for carp. If you want trout, hit the channel leading into it. A lot of dink crappie in the weeds there too.

I've caught rainbows by the bank to the left and the browns towards the middle on power eggs. I also want to try fly fishing it once my hopper flies arrive from bps. Good luck to you!

Yeah I have fallen victim to those little crappie before. Thanks for the advice guys.