Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Grass carp

Quote Originally Posted by luis montes View Post
    Nice post dockrat, that's to show all this ignorant people that they still have a lot to learn, carp eat bass eggs Hahahahaha cry babys
    Ignorant? I don't believe any of us insulted you. We simply stated some known facts regarding an introduced species. And I'm not even going to point out the irony of calling someone ignorant with that grammatical train wreck. Despite the bass eating the carp, they are still at a disadvantage. For one, numbers. Carp lay WAY more eggs, and spawn several times a year. For two, growth rate. Those carp weigh up to 3 pounds in the first year. The stage when they are actually a prey item is very short. Not to mention the fact that the more carp spawn, the less bass there are to eat them anyway. Then there's the impact on water quality, which also affects spawning beds. This is all scientifically proven, and there have been many studies done with data to support this. But I digress.

Fish for carp all you want. Nobody is telling you that you can't. I enjoy fishing for them myself, albeit in a different manner. You turn them loose, that is your decision. I kill them and eat them, that is mine. Neither of us is right or wrong. It's all just fishing. The important part is to have fun.

Very well said, I get your point

I believe one day carp will be become one of the popular gamefish in the US just like bass here and carp in the UK, I'm just one of those carp angler who is trying to make that heppen.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456