Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grass carp

Thanks TUNAVIC, means alot

Thanks angelsfan951, I make a lot of different flavors, bit hemp seed and bloodworm boilies are my favorite, also green lip mussle works good

That fish would look great with an arrow sticking out of its head...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    what if someone did that to a bass? would you stick by that statement? I feel all fish have a place in the food chain. They are gods creatures and eat the same exact things bluegills, catfish and other species do as well. I think if it becomes a population issue maybe but not "just cause"

Yeah wrestlefish, don't mind that kind of people bro, since I been carp fishing I have encounter a lot of people that don't like carp, but I just do my thing and don't pay much attention, thanks wrestlefish

Quote Originally Posted by luis montes View Post
    Yeah wrestlefish, don't mind that kind of people bro, since I been carp fishing I have encounter a lot of people that don't like carp, but I just do my thing and don't pay much attention, thanks wrestlefish
    answer your PM's bro :)

Looks like the ones in the Imperial Valley canals.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Lol, Skyler
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlefish View Post
    what if someone did that to a bass? would you stick by that statement? I feel all fish have a place in the food chain. They are gods creatures and eat the same exact things bluegills, catfish and other species do as well. I think if it becomes a population issue maybe but not "just cause"
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlefish View Post
    Carp do have a place in the food chain...in ASIA. They are an invasive species here, and cause massive algae blooms, high turbidity/low visibility (which negatively affects sight predators), not to mention the millions of natyive fish eggs they consume. Add that with the fact that they lay over two million eggs per spawn, and spawn up to three times a year, and yeah, I think that arrow sounds pretty good...

You can hug 'em if you want, I'll keep murdering the bastards.

Grass carp are the good ones. They're herbivores, and don't muddy the water. In fact, murder a grass carp in most of CA and it's a violation.

5.37. GRASS CARP.
    (a) No grass carp may be taken or possessed at any time, except that any grass carp inadvertently taken must be immediately returned unharmed to the water.
    (b) Exception for Siskiyou and Shasta Counties for any waters, within the Sacramento River drainage above and including Lake Shasta: All grass carp taken shall be killed immediately by removing the head and shall be retained by the angler. The angler shall notify DFG that he/she has taken and possesses a grass carp by calling DFG’s telephone number (1-530-225-2278) as soon as possible, but not more than 24 hours after taking the grass carp.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Grass carp are the good ones. They're herbivores, and don't muddy the water. In fact, murder a grass carp in most of CA and it's a violation.
    They are still an introduced species, and they will consume fish eggs if given the opportunity. That is why they want them out of the Sac river system. Most other states want you kill them as well, except for some private ponds, where they are sometimes stocked for weed control. Saying they are "good" is like saying that feral pigs are good because they till the soil. But of course we all know California is the least educated state when it comes to wildlife management. They have proven that many times.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast