Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need opinions on fins

Default need opinions on fins

i have fins that came with my caddis float tube. should i use them or buy diff fins? i have yet to go out on the water with my tube so i have no idea what is better. thanks!

Most likely the fins you have will make it hard for you to move along. Some people have different thought of low grace fins some may work for you but others may not. Next best thing to do would be to pick u some force fins if you can find some you can check the member classifieds section I believe I saw someone post u a pair.or you can go with some hot spots these are great fins and I use these my self as well many other people do. These you can find at Turner's. Good luck getting on the water enjoy!

If you want to spend an entire day on the water without getting cramps or exhausted...spend the money and buy Force Fins. All others are second best when compared to them, IMO. I've tried the Caddis....my body surfing fins...my diving fins and nothing does as well as my force fins. I can spend the day in the tube and not be dragging. Could not say that with other brands. The extra dollars are chump change when compared to your ability to move around the lake in comfort.

From my experience being out on my tube for the first time,I had the basic step in type fins.thier terrible,I had trouble turning and had to resort to my right foot more bcuz the left was just shot to hell loose,im definetly going to another style fin.go out in fresh water first,I decided to go to salt and it was kinda tough.
    Good luck and be safe out there!
    Last edited by bassfishing24/7; 06-19-2012 at 03:11 PM.

I have the cheap black fins that snap over/across my wading boots (Caddis?) and I have used these fins since 2005. I float tube at Lake Perris regularly and these fins have kicked me all over that lake. I would like to try Force Fins, but just never could spend that kind of money when my cheaper fins seems fine. I more than likely could spend way less time getting to the fishing "hot spots" with better fins, but hey, I've got legs like Popeye's arms! I also like the fact that I can just wear my wading shoes to drive to the lake and then walk down to the water, step into the fin, click it together and go float tubing. I'll get better fins one of these days for sure though..

U.S. Divers for 21.24 they are good fins http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family

Evo ....... are they comfortable all day ? can i wear these over a pair of stocking foot waders and booties ? iam looking for a good pair of fins and been looking at the usual suspects ... force fins and hot spots but they can be a bit on the pricey side .

Josh hot spots are not that expensive they run from 60-75 try looking at Turners maybe irvine lake tackle shop? They are worth the money man!

I have put many hours and miles into tubing thanks to Hot Spot fins, I have tried a lot of fins but it's those that give me the best kick around,..

Ya iam leaning towards the hot spots just trying to find a deal since money is a bit tight at the moment . i definitely dont want to waste money on haft *** fins ... rather save a little more and buy better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast