Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need opinions on fins

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I have the cheap black fins that snap over/across my wading boots (Caddis?) and I have used these fins since 2005. I float tube at Lake Perris regularly and these fins have kicked me all over that lake. I would like to try Force Fins, but just never could spend that kind of money when my cheaper fins seems fine. I more than likely could spend way less time getting to the fishing "hot spots" with better fins, but hey, I've got legs like Popeye's arms! I also like the fact that I can just wear my wading shoes to drive to the lake and then walk down to the water, step into the fin, click it together and go float tubing. I'll get better fins one of these days for sure though..
    I'm with you, can't tell you how many of these threads I've responded to and it's not to discredit the Force fins I'm sure they are spectacular. But I've been tubing for going on 25 years or so and have always used Caddis type fins, we tube Crowley, Mead, Silverwood etc.. all big time wind producers and big lakes. Never had a problem maybe I'm like you and have pretty stout legs but the point I want to make is you don't have to put down the money that Force fins cost to get around well.

Hey Viejo being an ex Wedge head body surfer myself you shouldn't need them Force fins to get around!

Out of couriosity and wondering if Force fins accomodated wading boots (I didn't think they did but the float tube version says they do) I checked out their website. Freaking $189 for a pair of fins?!?!?!?! Hell I saw a pair on there for $449!

I'm not a cheap guy but man you guys must have serious extra income to plop down that kinda bucks with all the other crap us fisherman spend money on.

Check out the Classic Accessories Turbo Thruster fins.

I have also been float tubing for 25 years and have tried at least 10 different kinds throughout. Force fins are a bit more but are by far the best and easiest to get around in. You can get them on EBay right now for $125. They fit all kinds of waders, boots or no boots. One other advantage of them is they are easy to walk in around shore when getting in and out of the water. Hope that helps your decision!

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    I have put many hours and miles into tubing thanks to Hot Spot fins, I have tried a lot of fins but it's those that give me the best kick around,..

Hey, Mischief!!! :-)

Im with ya on the HOT SPOT.. Tried many, many and had issues with all of them...
    Never tried Force fins though, just way to expensive......

The hot Spots float, and are weightless in the water.
    I use the Stocking foot waders & Med Size Hot spots.
    I could not be happier.
    Have spent several 16 hr shifts fishing NPH in them, Im in my 60's and kick *** in my Hot spots..
    Used to Tube NPH 4 & 5 Days a week 8 to 16 hrs at a time "Tuber Gang"....
    Got to expensive (gas$$$) Still Tube local lakes often..
    The tides and wind will cramp you up and kick your buns there!!!
    They are like wearing nothing at all and fast.....

Made by A Float Tuber for Float Tubers....

Quote Originally Posted by OC ANGLER View Post
    Ya iam leaning towards the hot spots just trying to find a deal since money is a bit tight at the moment . i definitely dont want to waste money on haft *** fins ... rather save a little more and buy better
    Hot Spots all the way. Great fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Hey, Mischief!!! :-)

Im with ya on the HOT SPOT.. Tried many, many and had issues with all of them...
    Never tried Force fins though, just way to expensive......

The hot Spots float, and are weightless in the water.
    I use the Stocking foot waders & Med Size Hot spots.
    I could not be happier.
    Have spent several 16 hr shifts fishing NPH in them, Im in my 60's and kick *** in my Hot spots..
    Used to Tube NPH 4 & 5 Days a week 8 to 16 hrs at a time "Tuber Gang"....
    Got to expensive (gas$$$) Still Tube local lakes often..
    The tides and wind will cramp you up and kick your buns there!!!
    They are like wearing nothing at all and fast.....

Made by A Float Tuber for Float Tubers....

Ok my curiosity is up. I see the Hotspots seem to be about 50% of the cost of the Force Fins but where the heck do you buy them online or at a store? I know you are up here in the High Desert like me so I'd rather get them online rather than find a store down the hill somewhere (Turners?).

I did fine for 3 days in the wind at BBL this weekend but am getting older and guess it's time to cave in and think about performance rather than a workout.

Thanks!

Some Turners sell them??
    Call first, or ask a mngr to get/order them special for you!!!

They used to have a web site - cant find it now??
    They are located in Corona, Ca...

LNL (Laguna Niguel Lake) Marina, SARL (Santa Ana River Lake) Marina used to carry them??

"Fat Albert" Designed and makes them (Member here at FNN) But almost impossible to get ahold of him???

Often donated to Tournaments and FNN Gatherings as raffle prizes...
    I have 2 pair and will not part with them!!! :-)
    Was able to get both pair at Tournament raffles over the years... Woot Woot!!!!

Keep looking locally, call Turners and/or talk to the Mngr....
    Check Classified here and other fishing boards...

Some one will surely hook you up??????
    Its well worth the effort IMO...

Size 'Med' fits my size 11 foot with stocking foot waders or bare foot.
    Large would fit bootie or very large foot.
    Small would be OK for child or Female small foot..

Open with Strap back so size just needs to be close....

Last edited by Nessie Hunter; 06-26-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Some Turners sell them??
    Call first, or ask a mngr to get/order them special for you!!!

They used to have a web site - cant find it now??
    They are located in Corona, Ca...

LNL (Laguna Niguel Lake) Marina, SARL (Santa Ana River Lake) Marina used to carry them??

"Fat Albert" Designed and makes them (Member here at FNN) But almost impossible to get ahold of him???

Often donated to Tournaments and FNN Gatherings as raffle prizes...
    I have 2 pair and will not part with them!!! :-)
    Was able to get both pair at Tournament raffles over the years... Woot Woot!!!!

Keep looking locally, call Turners and/or talk to the Mngr....
    Check Classified here and other fishing boards...

Some one will surely hook you up??????
    Its well worth the effort IMO...

Size 'Med' fits my size 11 foot with stocking foot waders or bare foot.
    Large would fit bootie or very large foot.
    Small would be OK for child or Female small foot..

Open with Strap back so size just needs to be close....

Don't do the pay to fish lakes much anymore, Ill call Turners, THANKS!!

I just picked up some Mares fins on ebay for $30 bucks, hope they work good out on the harbors and local lakes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12