Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Releasing fish in deep water

Default Releasing fish in deep water

Hi again I was fishing in my kayak at perris was just relaxing and soaking a crawler my line went down and I pulled up a small bass but I unhooked it and it's eyes looked really bulged out and seemed puffy after talking to a friend bout it he said it was because of pulling it from deep water and there was a way you are supposed to release it so it won't die I didnt think perris wast that deep anyways I askin what is the procedure to release a fish like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ducttapeking View Post
    Hi again I was fishing in my kayak at perris was just relaxing and soaking a crawler my line went down and I pulled up a small bass but I unhooked it and it's eyes looked really bulged out and seemed puffy after talking to a friend bout it he said it was because of pulling it from deep water and there was a way you are supposed to release it so it won't die I didnt think perris wast that deep anyways I askin what is the procedure to release a fish like that
    Bends Mender

Just make sure you know what you're doing before poking fishs' innards with a needle.

And all this time I was sticking it in their.... Doh! nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySandusky View Post
    And all this time I was sticking it in their.... Doh! nevermind

I just shove a couple two ounce pyramid sinkers down their throat and toss 'em back. Haven't had a floater yet...

While typing this facetious comment it dawned on me that some idiot might actually try this. So to avert any unnecessary fatalities, I'm only kidding, guys.

Hey DS it's tickle monster time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MindBendo View Post
    Hey DS it's tickle monster time.

Eff that noise.

That image just gave me nightmares.