Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Deer" Island.....

Default "Deer" Island.....

Got to hit up DVL on a last second trip with a buddy of mine, along with his son and friend yesterday. It was the first time I got to see the lake from a boat! We were only on the water for a couple hrs., we hung a few Largies, all on plastics and had fun of course. Anyways, we were totally surprised to see a female Mule Deer just sitting in the shade on the larger island!!! She obviously had to swim to the island but I was just curious if anyone else has seen her, or if this is old news..... May not seem like a big deal but it was still pretty cool to see!!!!

Yeah its always cool to see things in nature. I, and others have seen Deer swimming accross in different areas.. I once saw a deer swimming accross from the middle point heading North followed it with the troller for about 25 mintues until it reached shore..
    Ive also seen Deer swimming accross the lake at Perris, and Casitas... It pretty cool..
    At DVL Ive also seen about 10 rattlesnakes swimming accross...thats not so cool!!

Pete

yep, my buddy and I saw that same deer three weeks ago she just kicking back on that island by her self not a care in the world.

I agree Pete! Im not typically afraid of snakes but rattlers make me jumpy for sure! Swimming deer would be cool to see as well.....

FishinMishin.... Rite on bro! So shes been there for at least 3wks.... Thats what I was wondering cuz she didnt look famished or panicked or anything like that! Just chillin!
    Last edited by HawgStalker; 06-19-2012 at 01:39 PM.

So it is old news....Lol!
    Nice! Thats awesome..... Maybe she swam there to give birth huh?! Way cool!

I am guessing the coyotes are not bothering her out there.

Good point bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Yeah its always cool to see things in nature. I, and others have seen Deer swimming accross in different areas.. I once saw a deer swimming accross from the middle point heading North followed it with the troller for about 25 mintues until it reached shore..
    Ive also seen Deer swimming accross the lake at Perris, and Casitas... It pretty cool..
    At DVL Ive also seen about 10 rattlesnakes swimming accross...thats not so cool!!

Pete
    Imagine a huge largie boiling on the rattles =0) that would be cool to see

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post

Pete

Yes! I have seen the deer at various lakes on islands as well. Just the other day, the deer on Alessandro Island at Lake Perris were literally on the shore as I was casting to the deep weed lines on the North side. I have also seen Rattlesnakes, but not that many. Yikes!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast