Headed up to Big Bear on Friday to impale a few goldfish. Hit the east end as usual. I got there and talked to a few other bowfishermen. They reported slow action along the boardwalk, with almost no fish showing. I nocked up and headed out. They were right. Very few fish were basking in the open water. After two hours, I only managed to shoot two that were holding along the pilings. I gave them to a couple of guys who were fishing east of the boardwalks...

Around noon, I started to notice more movement in the weed beds, however, I could not see the fish, just the grass moving. At this point I decided to wade some of the weeds and grass beds in hopes of a shot. This turned out to be a good idea. I was able to stalk in and get a lot of shots off, though most were difficult due to only being able to see some scale through a 3" hole in the weeds. I was able to pick off 8 more before I called it a day. Total fish count, 12 shot, 10 landed, 2 pulled off. Longest shot, about 20 feet. Shortest shot, right at my feet. All in all, not a bad day at all...